Search results

1. I

FastAPI DLS and current cards

It looks like that Quadro spoofing isn’t that recommended way anymore, but instead to use FastAPI-DLS here: PolloLoco / NVIDIA vGPU Guide · GitLab
  2. I

Thanks for the tip on #1…may give that a try if I have time. As for DLS broken from updates, basically to keep it working, is to not update to the latest drivers and wait until a later DLS version comes out to ensure continued compatability? As for DLS, would you know if it works with later...
  3. I

Affordable Shared Graphic Card for an ESXi (Home Server) installation?

Just to be certain of the current status of things, is this correct: 1) vgpu_unlock doesn’t work with ESXi 2) vgpu_unlock doesn’t work with Ampere+ cards 3) FastAPI-DLS is working up to v3.1 so basically all cards up to Ampere that has vgpu capability (irrespective of host thus ESXi = ok) Not...
  4. I

Just to be certain of the current status of things, is this correct: 1) vgpu_unlock doesn’t work with ESXi 2) vgpu_unlock doesn’t work with Ampere+ cards 3) FastAPI-DLS is working up to v3.1 so basically all cards up to Ampere that has vgpu capability (irrespective of host thus ESXi = ok) Not...
  5. I

Xeon 8259CL

Does anyone know if this works with an X11DPH-T MB? I have BIOS 2.1
  6. I

EXPIRED Seagate Exos X20 ST20000NM007D 20TB 7200 RPM - NEW (BF Deal) $240 with coupon

Just tried using ”zip111” but the code doesn’t seem to work on Walmart.com. Anyone been successful?
  7. I

ESXi not properly detecting my Linkreal PLX8749 PCIe switch

Yes that makes sense. After trying, it looks like the Linkreal card is indeed detected on ESXi, but any of the connected U.2 NVMe drives aren’t (both controller and drive). While the unidirectional cables were advertised as being SFF8643 host —> SFF8611 backplane, I suspect that they may be...
  8. I

Sorry I wasn’t clear… I meant I have 8 pieces of the MiniSAS to Oculink SFF-8611 cables that the backplane takes. Another note, while the Amazon site says that the cables are for a MiniSAS host and Oculink backplane, I see that most cables are the other way around. One thing I’m suspecting is...
  9. I

Hi there, I recently got a Linkreal LRNV9349-8i (w/ the Broadcom PLX8749 chip) PCIe switch to upgrade my SuperMicro AOC3-4E4T. Here is my hardware specs: CPU: dual Xeon 8176 ES2 QL1F Motherboard: X11DPH-T Cables: 8pc Dilinker MiniSAS to Oculink SFF8611 cables (active, MiniSAS host to Oculink...
  10. I

ZFS planning question

Thanks very much for everyone's comments so far. The density of information has been enlightening that led me to reevaluate my options even more in depth. As such, I might do this instead now: iSCSI target ---> NFS share (I'm way outdated on my options from years ago), no using NVME namespaces...
  11. I

ZFS planning question

Those are some really good points. And in regards to the mirror approach, I’ll only get 23.04TB usable in the vdev + and extra 15.36TB drive leftover. I’m willing to take a performance in to trade off speed and redundancy. Perhaps this points me likely going for raidZ3 (w/o overprovisioning)...
  12. I

ZFS planning question

Hi there, I‘m rather new to napp-it and am looking to use several drives to maximize their potential. I was wondering if anyone can comment to see if this makes sense and apologies ahead of time if it’s not the right sub forum. My primary use case is for a large virtualized Nextcloud host, and...
  13. I

AOC-SLG3-4E4T on Supermicro X11SCA-F

So I went back and disconnected the 2 Optane U.2 drives on the backplane and rebooted several times. Unfortunately, the D4502 U.2 drives don't appear consistently and nothing as improved. As a note, I left an Optane M.2 and Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe drives still plugged into the motherboard. Not...
  14. I

Good call on that. From what I remember (since I can't reach my server until tomorrow), they do seem to pop up more often w/o the Optanes. Will verify tomorrow. Also, wanted to mention that my SMBus connector isn't connected and my backplane jumpers are for CPU0 lanes (if that makes a...
  15. I

Quad Port U.2 card?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has insights on solving my NVMe drives appearing sporadically after reboots on ESXi. Here's my config: HBA: SM AOC-SLG3-4E4T MB: X11DPH-T Backplane: SM BPN-SAS3-846-8N SSD: Intel D4502 U.2 7.68TB & Optane 905P U.2 960GB Host: ESXi 6.7U3 I have 2 D4502 SSDs that...
  16. I

I was wondering if anyone has insights on solving my NVMe drives appearing sporadically after reboots on ESXi. Here's my config: HBA: SM AOC-SLG3-4E4T MB: X11DPH-T Backplane: SM BPN-SAS3-846-8N SSD: Intel D4502 U.2 7.68TB & Optane 905P U.2 960GB Host: ESXi 6.7U3 I have 2 D4502 SSDs that are...
  17. I

Playing whack a mole with NVMe drives

Hmmm -- that's disappointing to hear. I'm quite invested into my NVMe setup and can't tell if it's a VMWare or 4E4T or SSD causing this. My Optanes are appearing fine after every reboot however. When I check BIOS for boot options, no NVMe show up (including Optane) but the Optane shows up for...
  18. I

Playing whack a mole with NVMe drives

I finally got my Intel D4502 U.2 7.68TB drives to be read. But unfortunately, everytime I reboot the ESXi 6.7U3 host, they randomly disappear then appear again after some reboots. It may take 2-10 reboots to have both drives appearing. They’re attached via AOC-SLG3-4E4T then BPN-SAS3-846-8N...
  19. I

ESXi can see NVMe drive, but guest cannot

Solved the issue. Had to use isdct to detach, delete, create then attach a new namespace in that order. Now Windows and Linux can read it.