Search results

1. J

EU UK Cheap Fusion-io £150 3.2TB and £400 6.4TB PCI-e SSDs

3.2TB cards are for sale again at £240 or make an offer (Grade B). They also have Grade A cards at £320 but the endurance on these is so large that the Grade B cards seem a better bet ... UK sellers ships to EU, US, Canada The thread title says £150, so apologies if you feel click-baited !
  2. J

EU Fusion-IO 3.2TB - A condition, 20+ available £184.20.

Am using two of these puppies for prototyping in AI and model building etc. Two setups rolled out into operations so far. PHBs wont invest in R&D and need convincing, so this (and the power bill) goes on at home ... Because the suites are mostly open source, I/O is not efficient. An Optane was...
  3. J

I guess you are in Denmark from that ETA and your moniker? For UK mainland delivery, I bought one on 3 November, which will arrive 5 November.
  4. J

These have been on here several times. There is a detailed thread on here with Acquacow helping muchly. I have one of these under Server 2016 running great, bought from this seller a few months ago. That was Grade 'A' as well and less than 1% used. Came by DHL or UPS, packaged great. Deal...
  5. J

NVMe boot with SuperMicro X9DA7 & X9DRi-F

?? I can't think what Asus mean by that. I've put an Asus Hyper M2 X16 quad card in the single x16 slot of an Asrock Z370 board using bifurcation of x16 to x8x4x4 set in the BIOS . This makes a single x16 slot into 3 separately functioning sets of lanes at x8, x4 and x4, so the quad card works...
  6. J

USB 3.1 Gen2 PCIe Card?

Have you found one for general use on a range of motherboards? My googling suggest Thunderbolt 3 add-on cards are specific to expensive, recent motherboards. I'd love to be wrong on this :)
  7. J

m.2 PCIe adapter in Supermicro x9 motherboards?

Yes. Presumably to carry an M.2 NVMe drive or adapter to U.2 SSD ? And perhaps to NVMe boot? On my X9DRi-LN4F+ it doesn't work out of the box - BIOS mods needed. My next project ... AFAIK, all single m.2 pci-e cards are equivalent, barring poor manufacture (I have 4 different ones from a...
  8. J

Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ and OS: Server 2012R2, CoreOS, CentOS

The Matrox graphics chip dates from the 90s and is often used by server manufacturers as it's cheap - who would need a half decent graphics setup on a server after all? But it's low resolution, low display rate and pre-WDDM, so doesn't play well with e.g. DisplayLink USB external screens. I...
  9. J

Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+ and OS: Server 2012R2, CoreOS, CentOS

The X9DRi-LN4F+ gets ACPI-BIOS-ERROR when installing Windows 10, or Server 2016. In my testing, both OS install, but then error when rebooting, apparently independent of any BIOS settings that I tried. Supermicro published a workaround in November 2015 that they say ONLY works on a fresh OS...