Search results

1. N

Asrock Rack 1U2E-C252 Server Barebone Intel Xeon E-2300 and 10th Gen Intel Pentium (LGA1200) C252 - $386.27

Interesting, so @Patrick tested it with a Quick Sync capable processor, but @autoturk you mentioned it was not Quick Sync capable. Is there something I am missing with this? For the price barebones it is really tempting since my "home media server" was going to be an HPE EL1000 with a Xeon...
  2. N

Asrock Rack 1U2E-C252 Server Barebone Intel Xeon E-2300 and 10th Gen Intel Pentium (LGA1200) C252 - $386.27

Glad I overcame my excitement long enough to see that caveat - this would have become a dedicated media server.
  3. N

$127 Cisco ENCS5412/K9 Xeon-D 1557 (12 core), 32G ram

Same. I loaded Proxmox onto mine with Home Assistant in a VM with a handful of LXCs for other home tasks. Having IMPI was important since once all this is racked up it will be in a closet where I don't want to drag equipment to when I need to maintain/troubleshoot. My "other server" will be...
  4. N

What procedure was used for that? I installed Proxmox on one of my servers and went to CIMC to see if I can iKVM or such and learned I couldn't log in.
  5. N

I was looking at the C-NIM-1X part which is a single-port SFP+ module that looked like ti would physically fit - but it is meant for the Catalyst 8300 series which is the successor to this model (I think).
  6. N

Has that been independently validated? I work for a similar industry OEM and its pretty frequent that we will say something is not supported due to compatibility or testing guidelines but is found to be working by users that just have the ability to tinker. I was willing to give it a shot myself...
  7. N

Coral Mini-PCIe compatibility across Mini-PCs

I started with an A+E key Coral TPU in the WiFi slot of an HP Elitedesk Mini G6 and then a Z2 Mini G5 - both worked with no drama. It might be worth checking if whatever PC you’re using has a whitelist for certain slots/items…
  8. N

Just curious how this ended up for you! I am closing on a new home soon and have been thinking of adding the ENCS into my rack as a small "home server" and leveraging the POE portion for cameras. My thought is to run Proxmox with the switch passed through to a VM with Scrypted/Frigate/etc, and...
  9. N

Home network and lab network - new home build questions

It is a new build but we signed for it after it was essentially complete with construction. Lennar (the builder) includes a Legrand panel and a run to the kitchen and living room - but I will be installing further runs as best as possible once I am handed the keys. The minimum for me is the...
  10. N

I like the idea! I work public safety LMR engineering so the Cradlepoint was a generic term since I have multiple devices like a Cradlepoint, Sierra Wireless MP70, Netgear Nighthawk, etc I can use (but definitely want 5G with mmWave in the future or as budget allows) I am good with network...
  11. N

I am in the process of closing on a new home and am deciding now is finally the time to get away from the EERO and random switches I have around the house to keep my home network alive. The goal in the end is my office will be in the top corner of the house and the network panel will be in our...
  12. N

Just bought a pair of these as well - hopefully with the PoE capable power supply since that can turn this into a nice appliance overall. Has anyone investigated if the NIM slot does have a 10G option that will work in it? That’s the only piece I am really looking forward to at this point.
  13. N

Looking for recommendations for a home WiFi Router.

I am having the same dilemma now. I have fiber internet here (choice between AT&T and Spectrum fiber) with a need for failover WAN which I have an LTE modem for such instances. House is a 1500 sq ft townhome in a decently dense neighborhood. I have some CAT5 run in the walls for APs and my...
  14. N

Review Request: HP Flex IO 10Gbit module

Found the same on my 10500T that I just listed for sale here. Module now lives in my Z2 Mini G5 that has Proxmox 7.4 as well - this just rekindled my love for HP gear again, even if its a slightly abusive relationship!
  15. N

Dell OptiPlex 7010 Micro - i5 13500T - ESXi - PSOD

I feel like this is 100% related to the 12th and 13th Gen Intel using P-Cores and E-Cores. Actually as I am typing this my curiosity got the best of me and it seems like this has already been addressed...
  16. N

Lenovo thinkstation/nice server/workstation

My company only uses HP gear for our customer environments - to the point they build some custom equipment for us as well. I have been pulling Z420s out of service in 2022/2023 that customers are MAD we are migrating them to newer hardware because "the current stuff works just fine". Z440s were...
  17. N

FS: EliteDesk 800 G6 Mini, 2.5GbE Flex IO Modules

First up on the chopping block! Moved my "home server" to a Z2 Mini that I had sitting about from a (now abandoned) project so this one is no longer necessary. I also grabbed 3 total (one installed in the Mini) 2.5GbE NICs and have the two excess for sale as well. I will take offers, and prices...
  18. N

P360 Ultra, a couple M920q’s or something else?

That is a *really* good price - I don't blame you at all. If the refurbs start showing up around that $600-700 price mark consistently it might move me from HP Z2 Mini's to them for easier expansion.
  19. N

The new HP Elite Mini G9 Saga

Update: My 10GbE module came in today. My EliteDesk 800 G6 Mini has been sitting idle, so it got the first transplant. On Win10 it showed up as a Marvell AQtion 10Gbit Network Adapter. Transplanting it into my HP Z2 Mini G5 it came up on Proxmox 7.4 under lspci as: 02:00.0 Ethernet...
  20. N

P360 Ultra, a couple M920q’s or something else?

With @Patrick reviewing the new HP Elite Mini G9 and the talk of a 10GbE Flex IO adapter, I ended up purchasing one (waiting on it to arrive) to test in my HP Z2 Mini G5 and HP EliteDesk Mini G6. If so, I would argue the Elitedesk can be a real winner. It has 2 NVMe slots, a SATA tray, plus that...