Search results

1. mattr

Can't Get Over 400MB/s On One Workstation...

Yeah I plugged the "new" hardware directly into the same cables. However, I've tried multiple switch ports.
  2. mattr

So, I'm chasing some sort of mythical evil here. This isn't worth troubleshooting anymore. I moved my desktop workstation (which hits 800MB/s with ease) down to the rack mount workstation (the one stuck at 400MB/s) and now the hardware from my desktop workstation is stuck at 400MB/s. Just by...
  3. mattr

Yes I'm on the latest BIOS. I don't see any bifurcation settings in the BIOS. Not sure its supported on this board.
  4. mattr

I've tried several cards. My X8 system seems to be my fastest....
  5. mattr

This returns nothing. It's an X11 system with gen 6 Xeon so it's not what I would call "legacy".
  6. mattr

So I just used an Ubuntu live image and got essentially the same results. The iperf3 results shows between 1G to 4G connection. The file copy in the linux live image was actually stuck around 250MB/s.
  7. mattr

Yeah now you see why I've been racking my brain over this for months... lol. None of it makes any sense. The "turn this device off to save power" was checked. I unchecked it and the iperf3 results actually went up to 2G speeds but the file copy is still stuck at 400MB/s. I should note I've seen...
  8. mattr

And this is the connection state:
  9. mattr

There is an onboard 1G NIC but its not connected.
  10. mattr

Here is a screen shot from one of the Windows machines. I regularly copy files from this workstation to the TrueNAS server at 700-800MB/s.
  11. mattr

iperf3 -s iperf3 -c remotehost -i 1 -t 30 Just the default commands from the documentation. I've done Windows to TrueNAS and TrueNAS to Windows with 3 different Windows machines and 2 different TrueNAS servers. Actual file copies between all of those machines (except the problem child) hits...
  12. mattr

I tried iperf3 to and from multiple machines and they all max out at about 100MB/s.... I'm using the default settings... Even on my main workstation where I'm getting 800+MB/s.
  13. mattr

Its a single port. I've tried with a dual port x520 and and dual port AOC-STGN. I currently have the NIC in a x8 CPU PCIe slot and the nvme in a x4 PCH PCIe slot. There shouldn't be any PCIe bottlenecks.
  14. mattr

So I removed the 9341-8i so the nvme and AOC-STGN were the only PCIe devices. The NIC only needs 2 channels to reach 10G and the nvme needs 3~4 channels to reach its max speed. The PCIe to NVME adapter only has 4 pcie lanes. What's killing me here is that I have another machine with the same...
  15. mattr

I don't have a GPU but I have a 9341-8i installed. All components were tested independently. I've tested with a Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe and a Samsung 970 PRO SSD 512GB both of which test well over 2000MB/s read and write. I swapped the NIC into the other workstation to make sure it was capable...
  16. mattr

I'll give it a shot.
  17. mattr

I have a bunch of machines all connected to a US-16-XG. They are all using Supermicro AOC-STGN cards. They all hit 700-800MB/s consistently except the Xeon E3-1285v6/X11SSM-F machine. Copying files to the file servers is my concern here. The Xeon E3 machine is stuck at 400MB/s. I've swapped...
  18. mattr

LSI MegaCLi (preboot CLi),StoreCLi, MegaSCU, MegaREC, SAS2flash and MegaOEM commands

I wrote a blog post years ago going through all that. It'll be a bit different for you since you're using linux and its a different card. All you need to do is create a bootable USB with the files I provide, add your firmware then perform a "downgrade" flash with your IT firmware. You obviously...
  19. mattr

FS: Price drops! FGT 60E w/UTM

Are you still selling the XS712Tv2?
  20. mattr

Can't Boot from Onboard SATA on X8DTH

Never mind... I'm an idiot. Just disable the boot option in the HBA then the SATA ports become an option.