Search results

1. A

Some big news for STH

Patrick congratulations on making the move to STH fulltime. Made a similiar decision years ago. Stress can occur with this decision. If it does occur, remember to reflect on the "doing what you want/love". Maintaining a balance in the challanges/stress/doing what you want can blend the...
  2. A

flashing an nvidia gpu for use with grid and vmware

I'd be interested also on this info!
  3. A

I initially planned to accept a job but I let my ego get hurt and now im not so sure.

[Dajinn, post: ..And i'd have my own office finally. And my boss would actually be someone who values my opinions and inputs instead of brushing me off because I am young. And there's just lots of little office psychological annoyances that I would be free from. These points you made would be...
  4. A

FS - The Great Purge August 2015 Edition!

Sent you pm about pci-e & port cards riser.
  5. A

Prime day!!!!

Prime @ Amazon did not impress me with their selections. Being up for early hours today, I did see a couple good mark downs on San Disk SSD's and memory card for camera(s). Otherwise, lots of items to browse through to find bare offering or on waiting list.
  6. A

Welcoming William to STH

Welcome & looking forward to reading articles/post on STh.
  7. A

Areca 1880i Failing - Replace or Repair?

I might have an Areca Arc 1880x 8 port that I have in a box on the shelf if you are interested.
  8. A

$140 per stick - 16GB DDR4 RDIMM SK.Hynix

Likewise +1 for pc3 10666 16 gb rdimm ecc
  9. A

ebay seller request - what would you do?

I say open an EBAY dispute case and let it be resolved.
  10. A

Merchant Ratings

I would appreciate a section that has info on ebay (or other sellers-resellers) items and what STH members have offer on item. I think the liquid8 servers was great. I really benefited from thread about the intel expanders (Intel-RES2SV240) last week. Patrick I thought in a thread during the...
  11. A

Intel DC P3500 - Available 27 March 2015 at retail?

Just to add info about the 3600 being available from amazon- Amazon.com: Intel P3600 SERIES SSD 1.3-Inch Solid State Drive SSDPEDME400G401: Computers & Accessories The reseller for the this link to the 3600 400GB device is Beach Audio and listing for $851.61 and has 10 in stock (Delivery...
  12. A

Intel-RES2SV240

Thanks for the info and best offers submitted/accepted. My offer of $60 x 2 was accepted. Great purchase price from ebay. aj
  13. A

interesting quanta switch 48x gbe 4x sfp+

Whatever you decide, could you allow me to be put on the list or "private great ebay list offers" to find sellers that others have found great success and can know their best offer. Knowing it can save alot of time waiting for reply to offer that prevents catching another one. The great buy &...
  14. A

Hard Disk Sentinel - 55% off

Thanks for info on great deal and picked up the family license.
  15. A

Is Tyan dead?

Just updated a release dated 9-9-2014 for the Xeon E5-2600 v3 platform: 2014/09/09TYAN ANNOUNCES ITS FULL ARRAY OF PLATFORMS SUPPORTING THE LATEST INTEL® XEON® PROCESSOR E5-2600 V3 PRODUCT FAMILY - See more at: http://tyan.com/newsroom_pressroom.aspx#sthash.5ZA0Sqhk.dpuf
  16. A

Coming back online

I am glad to hear that solutions are being implemented to bring back online STH site and the newer resource sites. Looking forward to search for post that need to set up a supermicro fat twin2. Many thanks to Patrick and to all that helped out on many task over the last week or so. jt