Search results

1. Q

TrueNAS. Proxmox, and recursion issue! Maybe??

So here is my setup I have a single host v7.2-4. On it I have a single VM running TrueNAS Scale v22.02.2. The VM has a dedicated NIC passed in via PCI Passthrough and all drives passed via iscsi plus no config on the host for the nic or ports. The host has a separate NIC config'd with a...
  2. Q

Bonded 10gbe or single 56gbe

I am planning to rework my cluster and networking. I currently have a (4) server Proxmox cluster and I am running multiple 1gbe and 10gbe flat subnets. I plan on using a virtualized TrueNAS VM to support iscsi targets and pxe booting VMs. All said my networking is the only concern I have. I...
  3. Q

Network routing issues

All, I have three Proxmox/Debian multi-homed servers. They each has (1) 1GBE, (2) 10GBE, and (2) 40Gb Infiniband adapters. I have added (4) entries in the rt_table, 2 rt10G 3 rt10G02 4 rt40G01 5 rt40G02 I have set the routes in the /etc/network/interfaces for each...
  4. Q

Dumb Question Needs A Smart Answer

I have some ConnectX-3 cards and I see that I can run either Infiniband or Ethernet. I also see a lot of different information on 40Gbit/S and 10Gbit/S confusion. Is Ethernet on these card 1/5 the speed of Infiniband? If the speeds are equal, why would I use Infiniband as it cannot be bridged...
  5. Q

Suggestion??

I have to say I am very fond of this site and the YouTube channel. I was hoping to propose a suggestion. Many here have home labs that rival many small business data centers. I say this as I look across the room at my 32U rack, loaded to the gills. I would really love to see a recurring...
  6. Q

R820 / H310 "Adapter at Baseport is not responding"

I posted this on Dell's community as well but no responses as yet. So I think I have a serious problem that I need any help I can get. I don't know if the H310, the SAS cables, the enclosure, or the drives are bad. I will explain. I purchased a re-purposed R820 with an H310 and 10 1TB...
  7. Q

Retiring C6100, what replacement?

I have a Dell C6100 that I am looking to retire out of my OpenStack home lab. I am looking at putting in a replacement and I am thinking a Dell R820 might be the goto for this, anyone have thoughts to share? The L5640's don't support AVX and the new software I need to run requires it + 2.4GHz...
  8. Q

C6100 Infiniband Mezzanine Card Help

I purchased (4) of the IB cards from a vendoe on EBay. They did not come with the riser card and the vendor will not take them back. I cannot find the riser card anywhere. Can anyone help me find (4) of them or a substitute?
  9. Q

IBM Bladecenter

I currently have a C6100 and a 24-Bay Supermicro SAN. Loved them both but has anyone checked out the IBM Bladecenter chasis's? After doing a little searching, it would appear that you can get quite a lot of bang for the dollar with the Bladecenter. It appears that there are plenty of modules...
  10. Q

Ports vs Drives

Hey everyone. I am confused. When looking at RAIS adapters I notice that there is a difference between the number of ports and the number of drives supported. Such as the following off of eBay: Adaptec 5405 RAID controller 4 internal port, low profile, PCI-Express (PCIe) Unified Serial...
  11. Q

Science Experiment

I was cruising eBay and saw a few items that caused me to ponder upon a bit of an experiment and I wanted to get input from the forum. The idea is to take an older raid storage array and modify it so that it is relatively up to date. I was originally looking at buying a Norco 24-Disk case...
  12. Q

C6100 Mezzanine Slot

Everyone, I was looking at a spec sheet on the C6100 and noticed that it said the mezzanine slot was a PCIe x8 slot. Is it a PCIe x8 slot? I realize the location is bad for a card but there are ribbon cables that would plug into an x8 slot and route around to the pins on an x8 card. Has...