Search results

1. A

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Scott, there is a version of D1587 both with and without cpufan as standard. If you have a 1U chassi you need the one without thou. So I made some improvments to the shroud and from having 105 celcius I am now down to 80 +- 5 degress celcius. So I guess an optimal shroud is kinda of important...
  2. A

Ok I found some info on a forum and wanted to post it here regarding the temperatures. The normal temperature range will be between 45 °C and 90 °C. Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1500 Product Family may not operate above +108 °C. I suggest you to add new thermal compound over the cpu metal plate...
  3. A

Hey guys, just got my 1587 board up and running with some nvme storage (awesome). But the cpu is running at 104 degress celcius. What temperatures are you getting? This is with 50% load on cpu nonstop. What is the temp range for that motherboard? Supermicro X10SDV-16C-TLN4F.
  4. A

Intel Xeon D-1587 serverbuild

Sergio. I am trying but there is alot of delays. I would say Mullet is a very reliable provider thou.
  5. A

Paul Bommel, let me get back to you on that one as soon as everything is up and running, still waiting for a few parts. Keljian, I agree, I made the decision to buy another essentials plus kit license. I like to try new stuff like proxmox but I really lack the time for to much experimentation...
  6. A

Keljian: The vms will be a mix of normal Windows 2012 R2 servers and this one will also host the pfsense installation. The windows servers will mostly be web and light db servers but also my home setup of plex (Not the data only the OS, data is on synology nas). DavidRa: I get that it looks...
  7. A

Build’s Name: Miniman Operating System/ Storage Platform: ESXi or Proxmox + Windows Server 2012 R2 CPU: Intel Xeon D-1587 Motherboard: Supermicro X10SDV-16C-TLN4F Chassis: Supermicro CSE-504-203B 1U Drives: 1 x MZ-V5P512BW Samsung 950 PRO M.2 PCIe x4 NVMe 512GB 1 x MZ7LM960HCHP Samsung PM863...
  8. A

I am sort of surprised that I can find no one else asking (or just terrible at finding stuff) but is there any releasedates for these? I so want to throw out all old servers at main office and replace with a few of these at 128GB Ram. Probably going for 1567.
  9. A

IKEA Helmer custom cluster

I would so love the hear the knowledgeable persons on this forums take on putting the Intel Xeon-D boards Patrick been posting about the last Days in this cabinett. With some 1TB SSDs and 5-6 chassis with those boards it would make for one crazy VMhost.
  10. A

Response times in Hyper-V

Hi Patrick, mrkrad and lost-benji! I'll definitely check the max max max setting but if i remember correctly I already did that. Not 100% sure thou. Wish there was an easy way in to bios without rebooting. Patrick I am doublechecking Everything else now so u don't waste time on some noob error i...
  11. A

Thanks for the reply gigatexal but sadly I am not. I am running it on a HP 360 G7 server with the standard P410i raid controllercard. 512MB BBWC =(, normal Raid10 there, nothing fancy and crucial M500 1TB SSDs. Something doesnt want to play together but I cant figure out which parts. Windows...
  12. A

Hi MiniKnight. I've now checked the latency from within the vms and they are equally bad (not 400 ms as on the host but around 200 ms). I ran hdtune from within one of the vms too. Before I had setup hyper-v on the host i had average speed of 425,7 MB/sex and accesstime of 0.2 ms When i run it...
  13. A

Fun Activity - Possible Main Site Content

Sounds like a great idea! I'd also love some feature under Great deals for currently priceworthy allround servers. I am oftne looking for new stuff but I Always seem to look for the standard hp dl380 g6-g7 things, what else is there out there that is similar. Off topic now, sorry...
  14. A

Hi MiniKnight, thanks for the answer. The VMs are mostly win 20012 r2 DC so I guess i can just use the built in performance monitor and Resource monitor to measure the same there and not just measure it on the host. Will do that and get back to this thread (a small vacation upcoming thou)
  15. A

Hi As the drive to store my virtual harddrives in Hyper-V (Win Server 2012 R2 DC) I am using 4 SSD drives in Raid 10. I am getting some strange latencyissues thou. The latency isnt the problem here but I can't understand the performance monitors in Windows. When I open the resourcemonitor on...
  16. A

Errors in vhdx while recoving from failed array

Hi all I just noticed my 4 drive SSD (960GB M500 in Raid10 on P410 controller) in Windows Server 2012 R2 had "crashed". This was used as D-drive for vhdx files (OS is on Raid1 Intel 240GB SSDs). I rebooted computer, Went in to hp smartarray administrator and made it reinitalize the Array...
  17. A

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

Hi nry I read it as 96 GB for the whole server considering: RAM96Gb PC3-10600R Memory (12 x 8Gb) - 12 x DIMM slots per node Hard Drives4 x 300Gb 15k SAS 3.5" Hot Plug Hard Drives Installed (1 x HDD Per Node) On the harddrives there he writes 4x300GB but then clarifies it is 1 in each node. I...
  18. A

Server 2012 R2: Storage Spaces

I just have to ask why you must use SS to make use of SMB Multichannel and SMB-Direct? Why couldnt you just use the built in raidcard and then make use of SMB Multi+Direct? I mean alot of people in here seems to be running on servers with built in raid cards. These numbers are my own benchmarks...
  19. A

HP DL380 G6 P410i SSD issue

Hey dba. Thanks for the feedback and I know they are not perfect for benchmarking. My main goals was to benchmark the individual setups to each other and not for correct real World speed. 2GB seems to be the largest ATTO does but there really wasnt much difference in the charts. Mrkrad, thanks...
  20. A

HP DL380 G6 P410i SSD issue

Sumup of some benchmarks Hey all, i promised to give some feedback after i received the M500s and here it goes, a rather lengthy post and can't really understand some of the numbers, they make Little sense to me. Server: HP DL380 G6 Controller-card: P410i (internal) 512MB BBU connect to HP...