Search results

1. M

Does anyone want to take a dump on me?

Now that I have the clickbait title out of the way... I'm trying to unlock the 16 drive limit of the LSI SAS controller on Supermicro boards. This was never on any of the product pages until recently. I've found that Supermicro amends the product pages once people complain about something...
  2. M

Request from someone with an AOC-S3108L-H8iR

Would someone with an AOC-S3108L-H8iR be so kind as to help me with getting some settings off your card? I need the SBR and SPD since I screwed mine up and the backup seems corrupted. Megarec3 in DOS will dump these.
  3. M

Assistance with Restoring Intel NIC Firmware

I am trying to update all my quad port Intel x710's using the latest firmware off Intel's site, which is 8.30. The first two machines went okay. The third one gave me a message that a reboot was needed to continue the flashing process, so I rebooted. Now the NIC is hosed. Will note that the...
  4. M

Sourcing reasonably-priced multi-fiber cables?

Looking for some assistance on finding some reasonably-priced multi-fiber multimode cables. I need to wire up the servers in my rack and have 12 servers that will each have 8 10Gb NIC's. I'm hoping not to have individual LC-LC cables and end up with a rat's nest of cables. I'm hoping to get...
  5. M

WTB: Brocade ICX6650

Looking for a Brocade ICX6650 with the exhaust power supplies as I ran out of ports on my current one. Located in the US.
  6. M

Struggling with Mellanox ConnectX-3 in FreeNAS

Hoping someone can help to keep the rest of my hair from falling out... I have the following set up: FreeNAS 11.3U2 on Supermicro X9DR3-LNF4+ Two Mellanox (reflashed HPE) ConnectX-3 adapters on 2.42.5000 firmware 4 3m FS.com 40Gb DAC's with Brocade branding in the EEPROM's Brocade ICX 6650 on...