Search results

1. F

[FS] [US-NYC] Supermicro system and MB/CPU/MEM combos

The XMs are out of spec for max TDP but there is only one way to find out for sure :)
  2. F

I don't know for certain if the C2000 fix was applied or not before I bought them. I bought the A1SAM-2750F directly from SuperMicro on Feb 7, 2014 and ran it as pfsense firewall for about four years. The A1SRi-2758F I bought from BlueFox here on STH in April 2018 (he did not know if it had been...
  3. F

**** Please note: I will be away for the first two weeks of November and will not be able to ship anything until I return. I'm cleaning out some older Supermicro gear that I no longer use. It's not cutting edge but it has all reliably worked for me and needs a new home. SYS-5018A-FTN4 - $300...
  4. F

(US) Ebay: 400GB SAS HUSMR3240ASS204 HGST 2.5" Server HDD SSD

Data sheet for DC SS300 drives says that they are rated for 1980TBW max endurance (3 drive writes per day over 5 years)
  5. F

[US-NY] FS/FT: Cleaning out the lab!

Moved to the free stuff thread: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/us-sth-perpetual-freebies-thread.30297/post-298332
  6. F

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

All Gone A bunch of stuff for free in NYC! No one seems interested in buying it so come get it if you are interested. This is pick up only as I don't have time to deal with shipping anything out. I was hoping someone who is nearby can use any of this before I take it to the local e-waste...
  7. F

QUANTA SD1Q-1ULH 1U 12X3.5IN D-1541 DUAL PSU SERVER

Lots of information about these servers on this thread. Including how to update the BIOS, BMC, and SAS expander. They are great systems if you are looking for dense storage and have deep enough racks for them (they are longer than standard rack depth).
  8. F

Interesting Datto / Asrock Rack Xeon D-2143IT motherboard for $500 on ebay

Here is the manual from Asrock Rack: D2143D8UM.pdf It also seems to be compatible with a number of storage and network/PHY mezzanine cards, including two 2x40Gb/s QSFP cards.
  9. F

Interesting Datto / Asrock Rack Xeon D-2143IT motherboard for $500 on ebay

I saw this while poking around eBay and have managed to talk myself down from the ledge so I thought I'd pass it along in case someone else wants to jump. Datto/Asrock S4P2143 Motherboard Xeon D-2143IT 8 core 16 thread Seller is asking $449.99 + $19.02 shipping. Includes an unspecified 2x RJ45...
  10. F

Yeah, they're bullet-proof but do get a bit hot....
  11. F

Moved to the free thread... Juniper EX4200-48PX switch running JunOS 15.1R7.9; 2x 930W power supplies; front-to-back fan module; SFP+ Uplink Module. All RJ-45 ports support POE+ (802.3at); no damage to any ports. $80 + shipping. Ubiquiti Toughswitch TS-8-PRO with rack mount bracket; good...
  12. F

EXPIRED 16TB Seagate Expansion $274.99 (Exos x16)

I've been running 12TB Exos disks (X12 and X14) in my storage systems for about two years (total of 16 HDDs). I've had one fail, Seagate replaced it without fuss. They seem to be fine although they do report a fairly large number of Hardware_ECC_Recovered errors. Here's a sample of smart data...
  13. F

WTB: 2-3KVA UPS [NYC]

Thanks for the replies! I wound up just getting another set of replacement batteries for now. I'll keep my eyes out for local deals and replace the UPS when it's more convenient.