Search results

1. M

EXPIRED Project Olympus Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor Motherboard

The listing has expired and the site doesn't seem to show what the winning bid was, but the last I saw it was at $32.50 Canadian. The friend who sent it to me said it's the second time they've seen one on that site. If anyway is interested I can keep my eye out and post again if another one...
  2. M

EXPIRED Project Olympus Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor Motherboard

A friend sent this to me and I thought I'd post it here. https://auctions.marinerauctions.com/auctions/7725/lot/168336-Project-Olympus-Intel%C2%AE-Xeon%C2%AE-Scalable-Processor-Motherboard Currently at $12.50 Canadian, although I'll be honest I've never even seen one of these before so I don't...
  3. M

Black Friday Deals - Buy or Wait?

Alright, well I'll cross my fingers some Optane stuff goes on sale on Newegg then I suppose.
  4. M

T_Minus, I see you've listed the P3700; is that an Optane drive? When I think Optane I think the drives I see on Newegg listed as Optane. Thanks,
  5. M

Nothing? :( There also appear to be some deals on newer NVMe drives popping up; I suppose these are probably more worthy of consideration? Thanks,
  6. M

Hello All, Quick question - perhaps. I'm thinking about upgrading my existing server to a Xeon E5v3 machine (home build) as my existing E3v2 build with a 32GB RAM cap is a bottleneck for my lab. For storage it has a 3tb x 6 RAIDZ2 array and a single 1tb EVO SSD I bought about a year ago to...
  7. M

Looking for thoughts and recommendations

Hello All, I'm thinking about upgrading my server hardware which has gone through a variety of home lab software configurations but is currently running FreeNAS 11 on bare metal. It has done well for me over the years. Its specs are: Norco 24 bay rack mount chassis Supermicro MBD-X9SCM-IIF...