Search results

1. U

USB boot conflict

It turns out, I am stuck. My older 4TB (one that does not cause boot conflict) came with advanced partition which supports MBR for over 2TB. The newer 4TB (one that causes boot conflict), can't support MBR over 2TB. All in all, I am not sure if this is going to work with my current setup. I...
  2. U

USB boot conflict

When I try to change the drive from GPT to MBR, I've run into issues. I'm using GParted on a live disk. I seems I can't use MBR on a drive bigger than 2TB. But's it's confusing since I already have a 4TB drive with MBR.
  3. U

USB boot conflict

Yay for weekends! I Finally got time to do some testing. All tests were performed with only 1 other drive connected apart from the OS drive. Control drive (4GB-EXT4-Flash drive) -1- OS boots -2- OS boots -3- OS boots 1st data drive (4TB-EXT4-External drive) -1- OS boots -2- OS boots -3- OS...
  4. U

USB boot conflict

Yes, I am pretty sure it's random on every boot but I'll check again one more time just to be sure. My very last option is to wipe the drives completely. The drives were never used for OS but were connected to an ASUS router previously and I noticed some weird files in the root directory. Those...
  5. U

USB boot conflict

No the data drives were never used for OS. They are both WD External drives. I think because it gets randomly selected when all 3 drives are connected, the order does not matter. I'll try it nevertheless.
  6. U

USB boot conflict

I have a Dell T30 server that I am using to run Open Media Vault. To preserve the SATA connections, I decided to install the OS on a USB. I am also using 2 external HDD for data storage. The BIOS on the server does not let me select which USB to boot from. When all 3 are connected, it picks...
  7. U

Tinkering with current HW for a Home Server

I have a self built mITX desktop computer with i5 3570K, 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM. I decided to build myself a NAS server with a i7-3537U, 8GB RAM on a laptop running OMV. So far the laptop is stable but I don't use my desktop that much and I was wondering if I can convert it into a multi purpose...