Search results

1. B

Experiences with NetApp DS4243

Reviving the thread and hoping that someone can help here. Is there a way to managed the firmware on NetApp enclosures? I noticed that there are different versions out there and some of them are lacking support for host managed SMR drives. Note that this is not about the controller, since...
  2. B

~50 USD Seagate 12TB Exos X14 SATA (Possible Scam)

I see more sales like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/134979208093 Looks scam to me.
  3. B

EXPIRED 4TB HGST SAS Hard Drives - $8

I got 20 of 4TBs at 1$/TB with shipping (not incl tax). I was also able to score $3/TB for host managed 10TB SMR drives. This is getting very interesting. Starting data hoarding at $10/TB with 2TB drives. I expect to see 3$/TB to be the norm next year.
  4. B

ASUS Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE + Intel Xeon Sapphire Rapids SP ES = works it

Seems like bad motherboard or CPU. Try with a different CPU if possible.
  5. B

AMD EPYC 7V13 64 core 128 thread $699

That is controversial. ES/QS chips are not for resale and them getting into public hands is against the end user agreements. They are borderline stolen items. STH should not publicly promote their usage. I am not saying we should not use ES chips in our private conversation. In any case, I am...
  6. B

[SOLD][USA-MD] 4x Nvidia Titan V

Well I hope it is not sold to outside of US :) Export laws. What was the final price?
  7. B

[SOLD][USA-MD] 4x Nvidia Titan V

How are they better than 2080TI?
  8. B

[US-WA]DDR4 Memory, NVMes, 8TB HDs, EVGA SR-3 Motherboard , Intel CPUs, SuperMicro Trays, ASUS X99 MB: WTT Z790 MB, DDR5

Cost of HEDT. Yes 13700K is better than 10980xe but for some reason 10980xe worths more on the market place. 48 PCI-E vs 16 makes difference as well as quad channel vs dual channel. Motherboards and memory are also cheaper for LGA 2066, which is the reason I went for LGA 2066 in the first place.
  9. B

WTB ddr4 udimm 32gb modules

I have some, PM
  10. B

Help: Supermicro x11dpg-qt powers on and shuts down immediately

I have extra CPUs that I know they work. On the other hand, it is possible motherboard is tripping because it has bad comms with CPU. I will circle back in a few weeks.
  11. B

ASUS Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE + Intel Xeon Sapphire Rapids SP ES = works it

Mine is old, 5.20 IIRC. I didn't dare to change it.
  12. B

Is this a dead board or should I try a few other things like changing the CPU? I cannot flash the BIOS because it asks for activation code.
  13. B

I was able to login to IPMI and check out the health logs. Bunch of errors from the past. All sensor readings are N/A. Event log does not say so much: 479 Critical 3/26/2024 23:41 Processor(CPU1 Temp) Thermal Trip has occurred - Assertion 480 Critical 3/26/2024 23:41 Processor(CPU1...
  14. B

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

eBay has them. FYI, I wasn't able to make the software for overclocking to work and it seems like OP is not maintaining it anymore.
  15. B

I think flashing bios will still require for system to start. I could have used IPMI but don't know the password.
  16. B

requesting some help understanding m2, U2 and SSD options...

Yes please don't spend the money you don't have and even sata SSDs are fine. Buy a $20 SAS controller and RAID 0 them if you want more performance. Make sure you have hard drives for backup and back up your work every time. This is my set up for lightroom. 3-4 SATA SSDs connected to ADAPTEC...