Search results

1. R

H710 Mini not working ESXi 7.x

I have this card VMware Compatibility Guide - I/O Device Search Dell 6Gbps SAS HBA Adapter (think its been flashed with IT firmware if that matters) which seems to be having issues in ESXi 7.x . The device and its disks dont seem to be recognized. When I used the vanilla esxi image the card...
  2. R

ESXi 6.7: VM Booting from USB [Solved for now]

Tried figuring out how to boot vm's from usb on esxi 6.7. Host usb device (passthrough-lite?) failed. PCI passthrough with the usb controller + Host usb device passthrough failed. In the end the fundamental issue comes to booting after installing the media. Solution is found here, save yourself...
  3. R

r620(10bay) satadom?

Anyone know if a satadom will fit/work in a Dell R620(does the internal sata connector even supply power)? Gonna PCI Passthrough the HBA so I need something external to use for a vm if anyone has other suggestions. Otherwise it Kinda looks like USB. This is what i was looking at: Innodisk...
  4. R

Dell R620 10 bay - ESXi USB Passthrough

Does anyone have experience with the `Host USB Device` option(USB pass through lite)in esxi that is found in vm settings in virtual hardware? I have noticed weird behavior where only 1 of the two usb drives in the back will be available for passthrough. Tested on two hosts and both have similar...
  5. R

Samsung SM963 full PLP m.2 nvme ?

Was on the lookout for m.2 nvme with full PLP support. Read through https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/480gb-m-2-with-plp-finally-under-100.20631/ to find out the Samsung SM953 does not infact have full PLP but some sort of unknown PLP-lite version. Does the next gen Samsung 963...