Search results

1. R

H710 Mini not working ESXi 7.x

I have this card VMware Compatibility Guide - I/O Device Search Dell 6Gbps SAS HBA Adapter (think its been flashed with IT firmware if that matters) which seems to be having issues in ESXi 7.x . The device and its disks dont seem to be recognized. When I used the vanilla esxi image the card...
  2. R

ESXi 6.7: VM Booting from USB [Solved for now]

damn.....Your wording has me question wheter you know what was trying to be accomplished though. So you can pass the usb to the vm, successfully install and boot the vm from the usb? If so I am jealous.
  3. R

ESXi 6.7: VM Booting from USB [Solved for now]

Tried figuring out how to boot vm's from usb on esxi 6.7. Host usb device (passthrough-lite?) failed. PCI passthrough with the usb controller + Host usb device passthrough failed. In the end the fundamental issue comes to booting after installing the media. Solution is found here, save yourself...
  4. R

r620(10bay) satadom?

Some of these other options sound complicated, not even sure i understood 3. SD card module + sd card look expensive vs a usb drive but it would be interesting to know how it compaires against other options(also the sizes are quite small, the cheapest are like 1-16gb for $30-40). Are you sure...
  5. R

r620(10bay) satadom?

Anyone know if a satadom will fit/work in a Dell R620(does the internal sata connector even supply power)? Gonna PCI Passthrough the HBA so I need something external to use for a vm if anyone has other suggestions. Otherwise it Kinda looks like USB. This is what i was looking at: Innodisk...
  6. R

Dell R620 10 bay - ESXi USB Passthrough

Found the likely issue. idrac firmware. esxi 6.5 lsusb show usb device but host only sh... |VMware Communities
  7. R

Dell R620 10 bay - ESXi USB Passthrough

Does anyone have experience with the `Host USB Device` option(USB pass through lite)in esxi that is found in vm settings in virtual hardware? I have noticed weird behavior where only 1 of the two usb drives in the back will be available for passthrough. Tested on two hosts and both have similar...
  8. R

Samsung SM963 full PLP m.2 nvme ?

Was on the lookout for m.2 nvme with full PLP support. Read through https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/480gb-m-2-with-plp-finally-under-100.20631/ to find out the Samsung SM953 does not infact have full PLP but some sort of unknown PLP-lite version. Does the next gen Samsung 963...
  9. R

Fusion-IO Firmware Update

I thought the files I listed are not firmware files though, I thought those were drivers required for esxi?
  10. R

Fusion-IO Firmware Update

I have IBM IoDrive2 drives but are the below type of files from sandisk interchangeable with the different branded IoDrive2 for a esxi deployment? libvsl-600-1.0.0-3.2.15.1699.zip scsi-iomemory-vsl-60L-3.2.15.1699-offline_bundle-5351806.zip Or are the dell/ibm/hp files required as is the case...