Search results

1. L

Linux on top of Hyper-V , HDD Passthrough , Misleading Disk Labels ?

Hi . I might be a bit crazy but I'm running my ZFS file server on top of Hyper-V : ) I already moved my ~5TB worth of data there , and everything seems rock stable . Using Hyper-V's Internal Switch , I was able to saturate the 10GB link between the host (W8.1) and the guest (Arch Linux + ZFS...
  2. L

Thunderbolt Networking (1 Linux Server --> 1 Windows Client) ?

Thanks ! I always thought that Intel was very fast in implmenting their technology into the kernel . I have Infiniband (40Gb/s) and used to love SRP under Windows 7 , it was hitting my RAID0 at around 1GB/s . Openfabrics.org stopped releasing new driver packages , and the old one doesn't work...
  3. L

Thunderbolt Networking (1 Linux Server --> 1 Windows Client) ?

Hi . I have a linux (Arch) storage server that serves iSCSI + SMB to a Windows 8.1 client . Exploring 1GbE alternatives , I came across Thunderbolt . I saw videos of Thunderbolt networking between 2 Macs , with static IP/subnet just like Ethernet . Is it possible to do this between Linux &...
  4. L

Flashing the LSI2308 on an X9SRH-7F to IT mode?

Thanks ! I actually put it as 0000000000000000 . When rebooted into linux and check dmesg , it assigned itself as 5000000080000000 , all HDDs are detected and -uptil now- working fine . Now comes the true problem -the reason why I decided to flash in the first place- , I'm using it in a Linux...
  5. L

Flashing the LSI2308 on an X9SRH-7F to IT mode?

Hi . I have the same controller on my ASRock Z77 Extreme 11 . I didn't take note of the SAS address prior flashing it to IT mode (with -e 7 which erased the SAS address) . I looked for it all over the board and the manuals , nothing . And ASrock's technical support is useless . I gave up...