Search results

1. A

U.2 drives showing very high temperature under load but SMART reporting normal

Greetings folks, I recently get my hands on a KIOXIA cd6 U.2 ssd. When I plug it into the system(Tyan B8252),The NVME_SSD_1 temperature sensor reading is about 35℃, and the SMART shows about the same value. However, the temperature when sky high in just a few seconds once I put some load onto...
  2. A

8 pin connectors nolonger out put 12V afterusing the wrong GPU power cable

I was using the Tyan B8252 server today and I randomly grab an 8pin-2x6+2pin GPU power cable and plugged it in without a second thought. The 8 pin connector no longer outputs 12V ever since. I think I have busted the 8pin connector on the motherboard. A stupid and expensive mistake indeed.
  3. A

Unlock Epyc EDC on boards other than H12 possible?/Using PBO on Epyc possible?

As this image shows (and confirmation from some owners), the Supermicro H12SSL-i mother does have an option to change the EDC limit. However, as I download the BIOS of H12SSL-i and examine it with AMIBCP tool, I found this: Most option matched up with the photo, but the EDC and EDC Platform...
  4. A

Looking for the most "Bang for the buck" 7002/7003 CPU

Greetings folks, I am currently trying to build a machine as my home lab server. Therefore, I am looking for the most "Bang for the buck" 7002/7003 CPU. There are some OEM version CPUs of 7763 on the market such as 7T83,7V13 and their price are about 1400$. However, I think it might be a little...
  5. A

A Epyc 7742ES(ZS1406) which behave oddly

According to the seller,when he tried to boot into operation system with the supermicro H11SSL-i(bios version 2.0a),the computer shut down.He did managed to boot with only 16cores enabled(2CCD fully enabled or 8CCD with 2cores enabled each),though. The price he provide is shockingly low and it...