Search results

1. L

new 2.5gb switchmikrotik crs326_4c_20g_2q_rm

just seen this one, something new in the mikrotik 2.5gb switch range.. great, but a bit pricey. 20x 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 4x COMBO ports that can either be used as 4x additional 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet ports OR as 10G SFP+ interfaces, 2x 40 Gigabit QSFP+ cages for ultra-fast fiber...
  2. L

[solved ] supermicro ipmi / bmc virt cdrom and keyboard stops working with too many usb drives.

In the end ubuntu lts 20.04 locked up and left the raid 6 in an inconsistant state. Thankfully we were still in a pre-production mode. Immediately bought a qnap nas to attach the qnap jbod to. I really like my supermicro builds. Have server me well over the years and with some regret move over...
  3. L

[solved ] supermicro ipmi / bmc virt cdrom and keyboard stops working with too many usb drives.

Final update... Supermicro provided further test bios's. The ipmi keyboard was related to the number of usb 3 hubs on the system. With the new test bios And now the keyboard works flawlessly. The test bios will theoritically support upto 52 drives available to boot from. As for booting from...
  4. L

Latest update... after far too much time in the server room some progress. A test bios from SM has now fixed this problem. Which is great! Problem is due to too many usb3 hubs. Theres a hard limit in the bios after which the ikvm keyboard stops working. So if you are planning a ghetto usb raid...
  5. L

Still no update from Supermicro who want me to send them the jbod so they can test :-(
  6. L

[SOLVED : Have a working solution from supermicro via a test bios, see update below posted 16th April It is a cautionary tail if you try to use a large number of USB drives and hubs with the SM motherboards and still want to enjoy using the bmc/ipmi. ] ---- Original post ----- hi folks, was...
  7. L

WD Red & avoiding the SMR pitfall

gotta second this sentiment! - shingle-gate ! @WD - for smaller drives - why oh why oh why would you do this!!!! This just sends shivers down my spine! We run raid 6 on wd 8tb reds, but intend to move to raid 1 as the cost benefits are slowly disapearing with the much larger drives. We cared...
  8. L

826 TQ Backplane issue

Reminds of something I've seen during one build - check that all the power connectors are working and connected securely. - A
  9. L

Broadcom 3008 Question

Since the linked thread starts of by quoting SM support as user flashing to IT is not really supported I checked in with SM support for confirmation of what can be done. They got back to me very quickly and you just use the firmware found here...
  10. L

Bug in Intel Atom C2000 series processors?

hi, anyone heard of any C2000 systems which are not affected? i.e. is there any way that a typical pc (bios based) board will not suffer from this bug? Have a C2758 system, fairly standard "pc like" motherboard running linux in an "appliance". e.g. AMI bios, usb, sata ports, boots from sata...
  11. L

Fujitsu D2607 (SAS2008) IT mode

Success - Flashed d2607 to P17 IT f/w Update : Success flashing... However card does not work too well when flashed to P17 IT mode ! ! ! Only one of the SAS8087 connectors work. Iam using sata fan out cables to a passive backplane. When using a Sun (rebadged LSI 9211-8i card) the system works...
  12. L

Fujitsu D2607 (SAS2008) IT mode

thanks reddi - this is very encouraging. However it looks like there are different revisions of the d2607 - and this procedure has not worked for me yet. The sticker on the card shows D2607 A21 Following your procedure, the first stahe works ok. But then the card can not be flashed with the...