Search results

1. _haru

Xeons with an open multiplier

They do exist, but they are not unlocked.
  2. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

广达C602 双路X79/2011 服务器主板 支持E5-2670 2680V2-淘宝网 has anyone tried one of these cheap dual socket boards before?
  3. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

Could the QJW0 be early cascade lake then? i have heard there are some samples floating around in china.
  4. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

Got two matched QD8Gs this morning. Now just to find a cheap board that can run then :(
  5. _haru

Xeon ES/QS Turbo Bins Database

Intel QL32 - A0 E3-1230 v6 ES
  6. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

Finally got my QL32 (A0 stepping E3-1230 v6) working in my Asus Z270-AR. All I had to do to get it running was dump the bios with a CH341A SPI flasher, open it up in Intel FIT, set the 'Reserved' value in the 'ME Kernel' section to 'Yes' and flash it back with the SPI. 100% stable so far...
  7. _haru

Look at the voltage - there is no way in hell that chip is 7.5ghz at 1.25v.
  8. _haru

QX9775 isn't a xeon, it's a core 2 extreme. I presume this is the cpuz validation we are talking about? Intel Xeon W5580 @ 5612.23 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR Cpuz can sometimes misidentify a chip in the "name" section, but the "specification" part is from the chip and the board's bios. so the chip...
  9. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

from what i remember they have shown up in HP rigs. they do not have unlocked multipliers like the other 16xx v3 chips. can't remember where i saw it but iirc there was a rumour that they were originally multi unlocked but later reprocessed to be locked, but that sounds a bit wishful thinking-y...
  10. _haru

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

Got 4x4gb hyperx predator ddr4-2800 for $100 AUD last week. got a 1x8gb stick of g.skill 2133 the other day for $50 too. prices are starting to go down, at least over here in Australia (though those deals were more to do with the the seller undercutting).
  11. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

hmm, makes sense. on another note, i did a thing : bit out of the scope of this thread, but it's a xeon (b1 stepping 5070, probably QJYK) and it's an ES ;)
  12. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

interesting - had no idea they can disable the cpu o.O
  13. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

00 postcode = no cpu = probably no functional die in the blank chip.
  14. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

That most likely means it's some sort of unmarked, nonfunctional mech sample. similar to that northwood p4-m marketing kit that was given out, except that one actually worked o.O
  15. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

They're in a fair bit of demand... and if no one wants them i know someone who will be glad to take them off your hands ;)
  16. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

That must be one hell of a parts bin.
  17. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

it could be an early stepping that doesn't want to run on an asus board (i know the 3647 ones are pedantic about that). you may want to see if you can find a supermicro or similar that is known to like pre-retail ES.
  18. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

Use the E3 V5 series CPU method on the H110 B150 Z170 motherboard. this is the only publicly available guide i know of. you will need to flash the bios with a dedicated SPI flasher in most cases.
  19. _haru

ES Xeon Discussion

In theory you should be able to run xeons on x299 and vice versa by ticking the "reserved" option in the intel bios editor tool to "yes", same as running 1151 xeons on consumer chipsets. but afaik no one has done it yet
  20. _haru

Xeon e-2100 availability?

you can also find ES and QS versions on taobao. at least you could, until they sold out in a matter of hours :|