Search results

1. R

DeepLearning11 PCIe switch chips

Yes, 5 GPU slots on each switch.
  2. R

Yes, perfect! The PEX9797 is a different chip than I expected, but looking at the datasheet it makes sense. Thanks so much, Patrick.
  3. R

That 11 slot PCIe expansion board in your GIF, the X9DRG-O-PCI, is NOT the 12 slot PCIe expansion board X10DRG-O-PCIE that is in DeepLearning11. If you remain unconvinced, go read the build article that talks about why DeepLearning11 is designed to be a single-root GPU cluster. The difference...
  4. R

...that's not the manual for the X10DRG-O-PCIE
  5. R

OK, sure, it could use a Microsemi PCIe switch instead. That's why I'm looking for confirmation on the part number. I have read the manual and it was silent on this matter.
  6. R

A poke through Broadcom's site suggests it could be a PEX8796, but confirmation would be great.
  7. R

Does anyone know which PCIe switch chips are used in the Supermicro X10DRG-O-PCIE? I'm after the actual PLX part number. Maybe Patrick can run a lspci on DeepLearning11 for me? Also, if anyone knows if the x16 PCIe slots can be bifurcated to x4,x4,x4,x4 that would be nice to know, too. You...