Search results

1. T

EU UK Cheap Fusion-io £150 3.2TB and £400 6.4TB PCI-e SSDs

The IODrive cards definitely work fine in Windows 10 - that's where mine's installed. It should still show up in Device Manager as some sort of unknown device with an exclamation mark before the drivers are successfully loaded. Does it show up in device manager at all? Otherwise I'd suggest...
  2. T

That is correct, although if the seller you bought from didn't guarantee a certain amount of write endurance you might have an uphill battle on that front as it still works as expected. It's like buying a used hard drive, unless explicitly stated, there's generally no guarantee that there...
  3. T

What's the rest of the output? It'll tell you exactly how many bytes were written on the next line. Sounds like you're roughly at a bit over 21PB written. I'd also look at the "Reserve space status" line a little further up. The manufacturers' estimates are generally pretty conservative...
  4. T

40GbE card appears capped at 14Gbps

It does seem a little odd that your 3 transfers all seem to bump right up against the theoretical SATA3 6Gb/s limit / SAS 6Gb/s (single port) limit. Since you can get 40Gb/s through iperf, you've at least confirmed the network stack on both sides is capable, as is the physical link. Are you...
  5. T

Intel NUC - Pentium N3700, 4GB, 32GB eMMC - $90

They're great for really basic web browsing or media consumption, and they at least do x.264 decoding and encoding in hardware. I've seen people use them as standalone DVRs for a single camera, or for digital signage applications where their low power draw is the main concern.
  6. T

Intel NUC - Pentium N3700, 4GB, 32GB eMMC - $90

Those are nice, but be careful of using them 24/7. Like the Atom C2000 series and the little Celeron J1900 NUCs people like using for PFSense, these are affected by the LPC bug and are expected to have a short lifespan, which is why a lot of companies are dumping them. The N3700 is Braswell...
  7. T

Intel DC P3520 SSDPE2MX012T7 1.2TB PCIe 3.0 NVME U.2 SSD Warranty 2022 $99.95

Quite possibly, although there are virtually no active components on there. Modern automated PCB manufacturing these days has so few defects that it would be really hard to mess up making one of those. It's just a U.2 connector that routes the appropriate traces down into the PCIe slot...
  8. T

HDD Performance Changes

That's true of the smaller sizes, but it looks like the 10TB Red is helium filled. From the datasheet: https://media.flixcar.com/f360cdn/Western_Digital-3805661149-eng_spec_data_sheet_2879-800002.pdf 8TB Red is 5.3W Idle, 8.8W Active (not great) 10TB Red is 2.8W Idle, 5.7W Active (fantastic!)...
  9. T

SOLD: 64 sticks of DDR3 8GB 12800R ECC Server RAM ($5 per stick)

I bought some from Jay in this thread - his communication was great, the RAM was shipped lightning fast, and arrived safe and sound. (just in case anyone looks at this thread in the future for a seller reference. :)
  10. T

Fast USB stick

Also, for comparison, you can sort by 4k-write MB/S here: USB UserBenchmarks - 639 USB Flash Drives Compared You can see the difference between the 'performance' USB sticks that still use a super low power embedded controller versus the ones that have an actual desktop-class SSD controller...
  11. T

Fast USB stick

The biggest problem is that many USB 3.0 sticks overheat already - the form factor just can't dissipate the heat, and adding a faster controller with more channels and bigger buffers is only going to make that problem worse. This is going to be the closest thing I think you're going to find...
  12. T

WTB: SuperMicro Power Supply (PWS-902-1R)

The power supplies will turn on and put out 12v on the large golden 'fingers' even when they're out of the server. I have one actual dead one and the fans spin briefly and then turn off. All of my good ones if you plug a power cable into them, the fans will spin constantly at a fairly high...
  13. T

Flashing HP H220 SAS card to latest FW

It sure can, so long as it's running an operating system that has support for the card. As in my post above, it worked no problem in Windows 10.
  14. T

Flashing HP H220 SAS card to latest FW

Thanks everyone for the guide! I did this in Win10 x64 just by downloading the V14 Installer and V20 firmware package from Broadcom's site. No need to fiddle with UEFI shells, Linux, or DOS boot disks if you have a Windows machine available. Just needed to run 'sas2flash -c 0 -f 9207-8.bin...
  15. T

Bought one today - thanks to everyone on this thread for the information and feedback!