Search results

1. Beer_Engineer

AMD EPYC Rome CPU via HPE 'upgrade' very cheap

I have the heat sink that came with my hpe cpu kit unused in box. I went active cooling.
  2. Beer_Engineer

Asrock EPYCD8-2T new Bios

Thank you for posting. I finally got around to doing a Test of my new Board & CPU PRE-Build. I went ahead and updated the bios and I can confirm Posting with the new bios. I will confirm everything is working as expected when I swap this mobo and cpu into my build later.
  3. Beer_Engineer

My CPU Arrived. Unfortunately, I won't have time to install it and get things going for a week. That makes me sad.
  4. Beer_Engineer

Looking at the top retailers, there are certain high demand/value chips that are driving up prices while stock of over chips seems readily available. The single socket only variety in particular are very popular.
  5. Beer_Engineer

Order accepted by the warehouse today, delivery scheduled for Wednesday.
  6. Beer_Engineer

Order for 7302P from 12/24 still haven't shipped :(
  7. Beer_Engineer

I’m a previous post on this thread, it was noted that HPE said the torque wrench was a part they shipped in the kit. Have we confirmed they arent sending them, or was this just a QA mistake?
  8. Beer_Engineer

Congrats. That is great news.
  9. Beer_Engineer

I got a new ETA when I called today. January 20th.
  10. Beer_Engineer

My order date was December 24th. Merry Christmas to me! I’m also waiting on the Asrock Rack EpycD8-2t board. Delivery date is similar.
  11. Beer_Engineer

My CPU ETA January 10th.
  12. Beer_Engineer

Unraid Build Suggestions

I considered Freenas and Unraid when making the decision myself. I landed on using Unraid like others in this community and for the most part I'm pleased with it. The main advantage of Unraid is for the simplicity and combination of the great support for plugins/dockers along with a highly...
  13. Beer_Engineer

Which Epyc 7002?

Interesting. So if you were in my position.. You would look to buy an entire server instead of the components? Considering that for a second. Inventory 16 Hard disks (4x10TB, 2x8TB, 2x6TB, 7x3TB, 1x2TB) - I could consolidate to less drives, but I'd want to maintain capacity. Current...
  14. Beer_Engineer

Which Epyc 7002?

Thank you for the feedback. Do you have a MOBO favorite right now for 7002 capable boards?
  15. Beer_Engineer

Which Epyc 7002?

I'm currently in the process of replacing a E5 2620 V4 that was used primarily for an unraid server. VM usage today is minimal, but I'd like to keep that avenue open to me in the future. The server mostly serves up media and other MISC Dockers. My motherboard failed, so I'm using this as...
  16. Beer_Engineer

Everyone's next boot drive S3500 480GB $120

One of my Techyparts intel dc S3500s wouldn’t pass preclear on unraid. It’s being swapped out though.
  17. Beer_Engineer

eBay.com in App 15% off Site Wide Max. $50 Discount *Starts on 04/26; 8AM PST to 1PM PST

I bought 6 of the HGST 3TB SATA Disks from Newegg. One of them had reallocated Sectors and UNC Errors. I opened up a case that the item was damaged with Newegg through the Ebay App, and I included a picture of the SMART Data. Within 72 hours, I received a pre-paid label and return...
  18. Beer_Engineer

$42 3TB HGST SATA disks are back

Received 6 Hard Drives. All six passed Smart testing. 1 Had Reallocated Sectors and kicked out a number of errors during testing. I was able to return it without an issue. Pretty happy with the deal overall. How did everyone else do?
  19. Beer_Engineer

Home PLEX, NAS, and NVR

The Rosewill 4412 arrived. I inspected it and spent a little time getting acclimated to it. In the end, I decided to ship it back to Amazon. I think that it would be fine as a chassis for some folks, but the stories of backplane failures and the quality of some of the components in the case...