Search results

1. BThunderW

Aeon Pool Hashrate

List of all AEON pools Looks like AEON Pool (com) is commanding 45% of the hash, if they hit 50% they will control the blockchain and the possibility of double spends. This can't be good for Aeon. Thoughts?
  2. BThunderW

Dell C6220 Alternatives

Hey guys. Looking to move up from my existing socket 1366 servers to 2011 high density servers. Either 2 node 1U or 4 Node 2U. Aside from the C6220 what else is out there that's priced reasonably?
  3. BThunderW

Intel SR1680MV Dual Node Barebones System $120 (+ship)

Intel SR1680MV 1U Rack Chassis Server System Warranty No CPUs No HDDs No RAM | eBay With the prices of C6100's skyrocketing I've picked up 4 of these. First order the seller accepted $140 ea, this time he accepted $120. Comes with rails too. This is just like the C6100 except in 1U package...
  4. BThunderW

Canada: Netgear 5 port managed GB switch - $35

Canada Computers | Networking | Netgear GS105E-100NAS ProSafe Plus 5-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch - VLAN, QoS VLAN, QOS and "Green", did I mention it's tiny? I picked this up for my "datacenter toolbox", thought it was a pretty damn good deal.
  5. BThunderW

Too Cool not to share

Too cool to not share I didn't even know these things existed. For the longest time I was thinking about designing and building my own but for this price there's no way I could come up with something looking this good. This is the Zalman VE-200 (or VE-200SE for silver) Zalman VE 200SE...
  6. BThunderW

Intel SR1680MV Dual Node / 1U system - $240

Dual Node 1U system. Like the C6100 except in 1U form. No CPU/RAM but great alternative if limited to 1U of space. These also have 18 RAM slots per node instead of the 12 for the C6100 so you can fill it with 4GB sticks and still get 72GB / node. I run a pair of these and seriously considering...
  7. BThunderW

Going to 10Gbe+

I'm setting up a new VM enviroment and I'm working on bumping up the SAN network to greater than 1Gbe speed. I'll have 4 VM servers (2 ESXi, 2 ProxMox) and one SAN Server running NexentaStor (or other ZFS based OS). At present I'm running quad 1Gbe NICs in each server and use iSCSI with...
  8. BThunderW

BThunderW's Hardware Stuff

Currently going through a major overhaul of my home hardware. I got a few C6100's and a couple of DL180 G6's on the way (Thanks STH!) For the last few months I've been trying to reduce the amount of hydro and heat my home rack consumes. At it's peak I was pulling about 23A (two dedicated...
  9. BThunderW

HP SAS drives on Non-RAID HBA

Does anyone know if HP still uses custom firmware on their drives that prevent it from working on Non-HP backplanes? I remember back in SCSI days those drives were locked. I want to order whole bunch of HP 300GB 15K SAS drives from eBay. They're certainly priced right but I don't want to find...