Search results

1. I

VMware 6.5 and A2SDi-16C-HLN4F (cluster 2-node)

May I wonder for what need you are willing to build 2 node Ha cluster?
  2. I

Proxmox Ceph hardware question

>When you're hosting other people's apps and data, you don't want downtime. That's true, but I won't say that you really need 5 nodes to provide decent redundancy level.
  3. I

When Ceph dies...

That's how real troubles look like, damn. I have a mixed feeling in regard to Ceph troubleshooting, it can be or just to damn easy, or you'll waste a weekend trying to resolve it, and with a dozen of luck, you'll succeed.
  4. I

Proxmox Ceph hardware question

>I have also heard some people saying that 3-node clusters are not a good idea. Would it be better to use my 4th node (which would require me to recable the hotswap bay for 3,3,3,3 instead of 4,4,4) instead of just 3? 3-node cluster is just fine. What about switching? Are you planning to use...
  5. I

Simple RAID0/Stripe using Windows Storage Spaces on Windows Server 2016/1709 very slow?

When it comes to SS with a combination of S2D I would recommend giving it a shot only if we are talking about 4 nodes or above. They just not willing to work in 2-3 nodes configuration.
  6. I

any cheap sas expanders (6gbps sata)

I would recommend using HBA for this. It should be faster + cheaper. And to be honest I would never use sata + expanders in the production.