Search results

1. M

Highly unstable system (Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F)

Ok, I repopulated C1 & C2, and.... crashes again. Went and exchanged the motherboard for another one, and..... crashes on C1 again!!!! At this point I don't know.... maybe this motherboard is really not designed with 1 socket and this ram configuration..... will try populating and the second...
  2. M

Thanks for the detailed replies guys! To eliminate some things: - I did refer to the manual and nothing is plugged into anything connected to socket 2, so I think I should be fine there. - All the RAM sticks are the same model and manufacturer, however I don't think they're the same batch...
  3. M

I've recently acquired a used server which has a Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F, 32 GB of RAM (8 x 4GB), and 2x e5-2630lv2. Unfortunately its been very unstable, and usually crashes in ~10mins with something like this in the event log: 16 2019/01/08 16:14:55 OEM Memory Correctable Memory ECC @...
  4. M

Backplane connection (BPN-SAS2-EL1) questions

Ah, ok thanks that makes it a lot clearer. This is what the manual says I didn't quite understand the distinction until you pointed it out. It sounds like the X9DR3-LN4F+ would do what I wanted, while the X9DRI-LN4F+ will not. Also I think I'm a bit clearer on the reverse breakout cables. It...
  5. M

ok, some more searching and I found this post which answers my first question. So it doesn't sound like I will benefit much from having dual links from the HBA to the backplane. I will attempt to switch to the motherboard SAS port and see what happens. The only remaining question is the use of...
  6. M

I've acquired a Supermicro SC847 system, and my current project is to quiet it down and reduce its power usage. The server came with 2 LSI HBA connected with 2 cables each to the front and rear backplanes. Does this look right? According to the manual the two ports are Primary SAS connector...