Search results

1. A

E5-2680 v2 for $144 shipped. qty > 10 right now

Seller just upped the price to $154. :-/
  2. A

Odd SM Motherboard Name

Cool. Shoot me a PM with the model numbers and I'll see if they're something I could use. :)
  3. A

Odd SM Motherboard Name

Anyone out there seen or had any experience with this board? NEW SuperMicro X8DT6-A-IS018 Intel Xeon LGA1366 Extended-ATX DDR3 Motherboard | eBay Seller claims it is new, but that naming convention is unfamiliar to me. I'm thinking it was a custom fab for someone that either went under or...
  4. A

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Henryn, try entering config mode and issuing a no shutdown all and see if that enables all the ports (assuming the DNI uses the "standard" Broadcom command set). If it works, don't forget to save the config to the startup config. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. A

What Do YOU Have ESXi Installed On?

I've run it on everything from USB to SSD to SAN-boot (not stateless, though). Currently running it on USB in an AIO FreeNAS setup at home since I had to decommission my C6100 space-heater. :-/ Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. A

broadcom to aquire brocade

Maybe Broadcom will finally do away with the locked-up firmware nonsense that Brocade has always been known and loved for. ;)
  7. A

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

Oh well, I guess the search continues for the '6M then... ;)
  8. A

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

Care to share what version that might be? :D
  9. A

Smoking hot deal: Quanta LB6M 24-port SFP+ 10GbE $500 BO

UNIXSurplus.com has some of these in stock with rack ears for $349 if anyone needs one/some: Quanta LB6M 10GB 24-Port SFP Switch QY139A Dual Power Supply, Rack Ears Included Got this in an email blast earlier today...
  10. A

Thanks @Terry Kennedy for the kick in the right direction. :) I was able to set the default timezone to CDT using your last command, and once I fixed an issue with the SNTP server I was trying to contact (I switched servers), my time and timezone are showing correctly using 'show clock detail'...
  11. A

Thanks Terry, I'll give that a shot here shortly... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. A

Not to derail the multicast questions, but is there any way to set the time zone on the '6M? I have SNTP configured but didn't find a way to config the time zone... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. A

UPDATE: Well, I was able to resolve my performance issues for now, but I'm not sure why this worked: I had to enable jumbo frames end-to-end to finally break through to 9Gb/s. This leads me to believe something else is off config-wise, since it seems everyone else is only seeing a 10%...
  14. A

Feedback on anyone that has used these switches

@Nnyan, A lot of the Brocade units are rebranded by other manufacturers (IBM, for example), so you may be able to find a cross-reference table that compares the Brocade model numbers to their IBM-branded counterparts. I found one once, but I'll have to dig around to see if I can find the link...
  15. A

New Samsung SM843 $179 @ UnixSurplus

Saw this in an email deal just a bit ago. No power-loss protection, but still seems like a good deal on these. Claims to be new drives and to have over 700 units in stock. Capacity is 480GB. Samsung Enterprise SSD SM843 SATA 480GB DC Cheers! -Axemann EDIT: Forgot link and capacity. Doh!
  16. A

{Solved] Supermicro X8DTE-F IPMI sensor issues

Gotcha. From my (very short) preliminary research, there's no temperature or fan monitoring done in FreeNAS, so I'm not sure that's the issue in my particular case.
  17. A

I'm not 100% sure. I'm using the board in a FreeNAS-based server, but I'm not sure what it uses for hardware monitoring. I'll do some digging and see what I can find out. Do you think this series of boards has issues with certain hardware-monitoring software?
  18. A

I hate to be a "me too"-er, but can I PM you my email and get the updated IPMI firmware? My X8DTE-F appears to be having the same issues. :-/
  19. A

WTB: Dell C6100 motherboard sleds

Hi guys, Looking for 3x of these with the mezzanine openings to replace the DCS sleds I got from my eBay purchase last year (I dremeled one, but I like the factory look much better). ;) If anyone has some spares or knows of a reliable source that would be awesome. Thanks, Axemann