Search results

1. E

UK FS : Supermicro frankenstein / unicorn machines to make space

I'll probably buy one or two, I put some daft questions on a PM to you, be good if you could reply, or i can ping you my mobile on the PM if its easier...
  2. E

@tjsgifan you got any quanta server's left or have they all gone? thanks
  3. E

Hi - sent you a pm def interested in a few pieces (but not so many that my wife notices )
  4. E

Setting up Active Directory - woes and considerations

Bit like David says, stay away from GPO's until you are confident or if you want to experiment create a test OU, move user and computer objects in there and only link your test GPO's to that OU first. Once saw a bad GPO link destroy 110,000 workstations in a single mouse movement.
  5. E

m32-arz0 fan profile

Posted this in the wrong forum - anyone figured out how this works. It seems simple enough; go into the bmc web page and create a profile for each fan type based on sensor readings. Two problems: 1. I expected there to be the option to use multiple profiles in order to set each fan...
  6. E

EXPIRED UK/EU - C240 M5 26sff - 40gbe

Thanks both - to be honest I'd be buying one because they are there rather than having a purpose for one.
  7. E

EXPIRED UK/EU - C240 M5 26sff - 40gbe

Hi - Any LFF you think will come on the market? Thanks
  8. E

mz32-ar0 fan profile

Anyone figured this out. It seems simple enough; go into the bmc web page and create a profile for each fan type based on sensor readings. Two problems: 1. I expected there to be the option to use multiple profiles in order to set each fan configuration independently. But when I set one...
  9. E

First time building a NAS - I have lots of questions before I start

I'd probably go with what you are comfortable supporting, unless part of your aims is to learn a new technology and the risks beholden in that choice. There's a lot of talk about how things can destroy your data in this thread but human f-ups are far higher on the probability scale than say the...
  10. E

HP H240 not cooperating with any HDD but SAS SSD

Try disabling the option rom option in the bios for the pcie slot the card is in. I recollect not being able to get past post without doing this but I might be misremembering
  11. E

UK Zyxel Multi-Gig 12-Port Web Managed Switch with 2-Port 2.5G/2-Port 10G SFP+ - £124.99

A decent price for UK I think. The web interface is pretty basic but should be good enough (bought a couple but not tested them yet) Zyxel Multi-Gig 12-Port Web Managed Switch with 2-Port 2.5G/2-Port 10G SFP+ Desktop/Wallmount, 5-Years Warranty [XGS1210-12] : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
  12. E

Cachecade enabled, but option not available

Unlikely but is there any firmware / MSM type issues?
  13. E

UK Oracle Exadata - Maybe

The rack looks cool, I have one of those.
  14. E

Network device management software that works with multiple hardware manufacturers/brands?

I thought the dmtf were trying to push interoperability standards but not sure they have got very far OpenTelemetry seems to be gaining legs in the monitoring use case - moans when I vendor tries to break it show that someone cares
  15. E

UK WTB 3.5"" Gooxi hard drive trays

Can't be sure unless you post a picture of the trays but looks like a case I got from www.xcase.co.uk. Not on the site now as its too old but you could try calling them.
  16. E

Wifi Mesh / 6E Advice please

Thanks for your reply. My hands on skills are terrible so if I go down the hard wired route I'll get the professionals in! On the mesh point I'd deploy these just for the backhaul service i.e. I'd make sure no clients are connecting to either device.
  17. E

Now that is a magnificent idea. I have coax in a number of rooms. As per my luck, I dont think its in that room but will check more today!
  18. E

Hi I want to move some of my computing crap to another location in the house; I want to it to join my existing network. That location has no wired ethernet capability. I want at least a throughput equal to a wired 1Gbps link, anything greater is a bonus. I believe I have 3 options: Pay...
  19. E

UK WTB - 24 bay 4U server case

Not bought from xcase for an age but when I lived near Milton Keynes bought a few and picked them up on the way back from work. Customer service was good.
  20. E

AMD EPYC 7302p+ Supermicro H11SSL-i version 2

Looking at that vendor they sell Gigabyte MZ32-ar0 combos as well - any reason to choose the H11SSL-i over a build with the GB motherboard. The extra memory slots really appeal to me - is there any issue on their usage that I am missing?