Search results

1. E

Multi-NVMe (m.2, u.2) adapters that do not require bifurcation

Are there any PCIE 4.0 to M.2 NVME 1.4 cards yet with switch chips? I did some searches on Ali for products and didnt see any 4.0 versions, and looked around on Google and the chips themselves seem to exist but cant find anyone using them for these types of cards...
  2. E

How to upgrade Intel RES3TV360 when you only have LSI HBA's?

I am just learning about expanders myself, but I always see people saying when you get one you should upgrade to the latest firmware. My guess would be that since the hardware isnt in service yet, you dont risk destroying your drive array or anything yet and firmware often has bug fixes so you...
  3. E

Free BackBlaze Storage Pods?!

Does anyone know of parts to replace the backplanes that come in either the 2.0 or 3.0 pods to something newer that fits properly in these cases? Preferably supporting SAS and obviously large sized hard drives? I have an LSI 9305 card as well so it would be nice if it was compatible with that...
  4. E

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

So someone mentioned earlier that they had used a Mellanox DAC with this switch and it was working. Do Mellanox direct attached copper and the direct attached optical fiber transceivers work fine? Or do they give unsupported messages and the switch has to be "unlocked" to work?