Search results

1. D

SMB DIRECT Between WIN10 Pro and WIN10 Pro

For RDMA to work, you NEED to have a Microsoft Server hosting shares. A client box as per M$ requirements needs to be a "Windows 10/11 for Workstations" to make use of RDMA. Microsoft decided that.
  2. D

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - RDMA

nope, direction of transfer is irrelevant.
  3. D

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - RDMA

That's by design, RDMA-enabled shares can only be generated on server-products.
  4. D

LSI 9271 - Spin down disks

LSI adapters in RAID-mode are simply not able to power down "configured drives", regardless of what you put in the registry. LSI removed that "dimmer switch" several years ago. That will work only with unconfigured or hot-spare drives. Shonk's registry switch does work with adapters in IT-mode...
  5. D

Crossflashing LSI 9271-8i to Dell Perc H710P possible?

I would like to crossflash that controller to the equivalent Dell-version, because of spindown of active configured disks. There are some differences in the Cachecade mechanism implemented between these two card, but since I don't want to use it anyway, I would not care about loss of...
  6. D

Mellanox ConnectX-2 Firmware

Thank you for this thread, activating RDMA on my 2016-fileserver connecting to my win10-workstation made a serious difference in terms of speed and latency! the bottlenecks jumped straight to the source drives ;)