Search results

1. TangoWhiskey9

Can you make a switch redundant inputs?

So I've got a single PSU switch. I'm more worried about the PDU/ source failing than the switch PSU failing. That may be dumb, but it is what it is. Is there a way to put two 120v power inputs into a single PSU? So if one side fails, the other fails over? I know the normal answer is to get a...
  2. TangoWhiskey9

Potential ebay bucks deal

If you've just got ebay bucks to spend Supermicro Mini-ITX 2133/1866/1600MHz ECC DDR4 socket FCBGA 1667(X10SDV-TLN4F-O) | eBay $850 obo.
  3. TangoWhiskey9

Anyone know whats in here?

IBM Storwize V5020 used Xeon D-1520. Any chance of getting it to work outside the IBM system its from? SSD and DIMM so maybe? IBM Storwize V5020 01AC3712 PN: 01AC369 Xeon D-1520 1.90Ghz 256GB SSD 16GB DDR4 | eBay
  4. TangoWhiskey9

Ubiquity ES-16-XG will these work?

Cisco compatible ? Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver | FS.COM
  5. TangoWhiskey9

Bitcoin Cash Pricing Thread

Since we don't have one of these for Bitcoin Cash --- BCH --- I'm starting one. It has been on par with ETH for awhile now. Today breakout. Went from $300 to $430. I have exactly 1, but it's exciting nonetheless.
  6. TangoWhiskey9

New use for Monero and Eth

Overstock just started accepting Monero and Eth Buying a Dremel with Eth coolness
  7. TangoWhiskey9

Handbrake for Mac - Security oh no!

Many have seen but if not Mirror Download Server Compromised - HandBrake That's a big app to have that issue.
  8. TangoWhiskey9

Small OSD count Ceph, how bad?

I'm contemplating building a small Ceph cluster for home now that bluestore looks better. Proxmox based so I can run VMs as well and maybe 3-5 systems. The whole reason for this is that I believe that in the future I'll want to add capacity by adding a newer machine with bigger disks and sell...
  9. TangoWhiskey9

Why would anyone use these? They're popular?

This has over 100 sold Dual Port Desktop NGFF M.2 B + M Key SSD to PCI Express PCI-E 4X Adapter Card | eBay One PCIe and 1 SATA but you need the cable for SATA. I don't get why anyone would buy that. What am I missing? I was looking for 2x M.2 for cheapo Optane ;););) but they're all like...
  10. TangoWhiskey9

Supermicro X10SDV Xeon D SFP+ Optics

I'm going to move a few servers around sand replace some DAC with SFP+ optics. I've got stacks of generic optics in the office. Can I use them in the Supermicro X10SDV SFP+ ports or will I need Supermicro coded ones or Intel?
  11. TangoWhiskey9

Intel Core i7-7700K - $309 new

Amazon and Newegg are like $40 more than this Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80677I77700K | eBay This listing has about 4800 chips sold so it looks legitimate and not like many of the too good to be true deals that've popped up on here. Seller has over 274,000...
  12. TangoWhiskey9

NVIDIA Tesla K80 - $900

I'd say this is a risky one but the K80 is $900 DELL HHCJ6 NVIDIA Tesla K80 Kepler 24GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 Graphics GPU | eBay There is one other listing with a few of these for $2800 OBO NVIDIA Tesla K80 24GB Server GPU Accelerator Processing Unit 699-22080-0200-500 There's a few on...
  13. TangoWhiskey9

RHEL download subscription only?

I've been using CentOS so I've been ruined. I tried going to RHEL downloads. I remember you used to be able to download RHEL directly and just have to pay for the repos. I can't find a direct download. Am I missing a page?
  14. TangoWhiskey9

ZFS FreeNAS and Servers with Minimal Boot Drives

Hello STH, Does anyone have a good guide on setting up a Linux system (CentOS or Ubuntu 16.04) to boot from a small hard drive then have all of the other bits installed on a ZFS FreeNAS? I don't necessarily want to have full booting over the network since the 1gb will choke if 40 machines...
  15. TangoWhiskey9

Ubuntu IPv6 down? How to get around it?

I'm running into an issue. I have IPv6 enabled but I cannot get updates from Ubuntu now. I just installed a new machine and after trying an apt-get update I'm getting: 0% [Connecting to us.archive.ubuntu.com (2001:67c:1562::15)] And it never moves. Is anyone else having this problem? How can...
  16. TangoWhiskey9

New 10gbase-t network - need cables

I got the OK to go build 3 new racks using 2 10gbase-t cisco switches we had on hand. I heard that 10gbase-t is really sensitive to cable length and type. Power required scales with length and lack of shielding. Where are you guys getting cables? cat6 or cat6a? I've been thinking about just...
  17. TangoWhiskey9

1.6TB S3500 - $615 obo

Looks like a good price on a big drive: Intel SSD DC S3500 Series 1 6TB 6g BS Internal 2 5" Solid State Drive New | eBay best offer so I bet you could get it for $595 max.
  18. TangoWhiskey9

Tyan - what happened to them?

I remember like 3-6 years ago Tyan was raging along. Now they're really diminished in the market. I saw the review on the front page today. Why have they left the market?
  19. TangoWhiskey9

What is STH Forum Mail?

I just started getting notifications from this address earlier today. What is it? I've never seen it before?
  20. TangoWhiskey9

More Samsung SV843's?

The last one was $350obo but this is $400 obo with 15 shipping. Still good for an MLC'er. Samsung 960GB SSD Solid State Drive 2 5in SATA 6 0Gbps | eBay and there's best offer.