Search results

1. G

Tape drive conversion

Thank you for the suggestion. However, I am a bit of a data hoarder and am looking to backup a large amount of data.
  2. G

Tape drive conversion

Hi everyone, Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I tried searching and tape drive posts were scattered through many areas. I have a couple LTO 7 tape drives. Both of them are internal half height drives. I have seen some conversations about using a library drive as an internal or...
  3. G

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

I would also appreciate any help getting ethernet working on this. Thanks in advance.
  4. G

For anyone wondering the same as I was about the noise level compared to the 4036e, I went ahead and bought one. I hooked it up and powered it on. I then had to make sure that it had lit up since I couldn't hear it next to the 4036e. Now to see if I can figure out cabling. One of the same dacs...
  5. G

Anyone know if this switch is any quieter (before or after the listed fan modification in this thread) than the Voltaire 4036e?
  6. G

(ENDED)BestBuy WD EasyStore 10TB $159.99

I'm probably going to walk into our Best Buy today and see if I can grab more than one.
  7. G

(ENDED)BestBuy WD EasyStore 10TB $159.99

Limit 1. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-10tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/6278208.p?skuId=6278208
  8. G

Intel P3500 2TB NVME $290 BO

Accepted offer of $265 each for two. Thanks for the Intel adapter link. I was looking at that earlier wondering if it would work.
  9. G

Intel P3500 2TB NVME $290 BO

Any suggestions for how to connect one of these to a computer? I didn't realize there was a 2.5" nvme u.2 form factor.
  10. G

Dell R710 and Readyrails

Yeah, that's what it was. The box was from a different set of rails and the picture instructions showed dropping it in.
  11. G

Dell R710 and Readyrails

Thanks so much for the info! The directions on the inside of the box were totally different than the ones on the sticker on the rails, so I was totally confused. I'm guessing that these are not the rails that were originally in the box. Thanks again! I'll be putting the R710 in the rack tomorrow!
  12. G

Dell R710 and Readyrails

Hi, I got a Dell R710 a few weeks ago and grabbed a rack yesterday. When I got the R710, the guy selling it handed me a box and said "here... it comes with the rails." I didn't even open the box with the rails until today, and I think there's something missing. The rails look like this. The...
  13. G

FS/FT: server build extras (supermicro parts/backplane,PSU,HDD,HBA,RAM,CPU,GPU,network equip,&more)

Just wanted to say thanks for the great packaging and fast shipping. Everything was exactly as described, and I am loving my new case!