Search results

1. P

Turbocharge your Quanta LB6M - Flash To Brocade TurboIron - Big Update!

That is expected behavior. A single connection will always use the same physical switch port. Normally the hash function is set to include L2 and L3/L4 information (MAC, IP, Port). You should be able to start multiple transfers in parallel between the same servers but will never be able to get...
  2. P

Yes that's true. I have removed it from the script and reflashed the boot loader on the working LB6M's.
  3. P

I don't even know from which seller I bought it so I don't think it's an option. It's run once every hour. Guess I need to change it as a precaution.
  4. P

The switches were running before for months/years without an issue and event after flashing to Brocade they worked fine for 1-2 months now. The only think I'm doing is reading the current configuration via SSH (with a cron). Commands I use: show running-config show version show flash show...
  5. P

Hi, yes I bought them on eBay. The switches are installed in a datacenter rack with UPS so I don't believe it's caused by lightning strike. Even if the switch chip is damaged why did the quanta boot loader work without issues? Do you think It can be fixed via JTAG? If you still want to lend me...
  6. P

Well I just replaced the bricked switch with another that I pulled out of a test environment. Guess what happened after pulling power ... So it's definitely not a RAM issue anymore. Weird that no-one else has this issue. Do you have any idea what's causing this. I flashed exactly as your guide...
  7. P

Yes. The boot sector shouldn't even touched even when writing to the flash. I can try and get some RAM from my other switches and test it out but I doubt that the issue is caused by faulty RAM. Thank you very much for your offer. I will try and check eBay once in a while if I can get my hands...
  8. P

Hmm. Always same error. Shipment to the US is not really an option as import/export tax applies which will make shipping cost about $250. Can almost get a new Quanta for that price. :(
  9. P

Thanks. The memtest does work and does not display any issues. I did not write to flash. The switch was running for weeks and I pulled power without even being logged onto the switch. I believe either the boot ROM is corrupted or the flash is just defect (which is unlikely). I tried to press B...
  10. P

I think I just killed one of my Quantas. The switch was running flawlessly with flashed TurboIron firmware for weeks and after I pulled power to test redundancy it doesn't come back up. It ist stuck during boot at: TurboIron Boot Code Version 7.3.0 Enter 'a' to stop at memory test Enter 'b' to...
  11. P

@fohdeesha Unfortunately it doesn't support IPv6 which is mandatory in most networks these days. :(
  12. P

The Turboiron does not support the Webinterface that is included in the Fastiron firmware. The web interface is for other ICX devices.
  13. P

yes I removed any STP commands and it still happened. Still it somehow goes to BLOCKING. Not sure if it still sees BDU packets and processes them even if STP is disabled. Thread popped up on Google :)
  14. P

Yes I did that too. Select all interfaces at all. I even rebooted the switch afterwards so it the config is on all ports but still the same issue. Note that it also flaps when I reboot the switch so it's definitely not a timing issue. I have the feeling that spanning-tree could cause this...
  15. P

Well I just tried to make the ports flap. The link just goes down and stays down. Once I re-configure the other switch with the correct values it links back up.
  16. P

:) Long timeout: 120, default: 120 Short timeout: 3, default: 3 Port [Sys P] [Port P] [ Key ] [Act][Tio][Agg][Syn][Col][Dis][Def][Exp][Ope] 5 1 1 10000 Yes S Agg Syn Col Dis No No Ope 6 1 1 10000 Yes S Agg Syn Col Dis No No Ope...
  17. P

Well, I have flashed the V7 image now and the LACP channel doesn't flap anymore. I could not get it to flap. So now I have a V7 image in my primary flash and a V8 image in the secondary flash. Booting to the secondary (V8) flash with the same configuration makes the ports flap again and crash...
  18. P

@fohdeesha I have tried port dampening now (link-error-disable), however it seems that it doesn't work for LACP flaps. The port goes from UP to DOWN all the time, however the link is not disabled. If I log into the other switch and shut the port manually down and re-enable it, port dampening...
  19. P

Thanks. The trunked ports were 5 and 6.
  20. P

Thanks. So a normal port flap will not cause this, only if the port in an lacp group flaps? Port dampening should prevent this right?