Search results

1. VMman

EXPIRED Seagate Exos X20 ST20000NM007D 20TB 7200 RPM - NEW (BF Deal) $240 with coupon

Got a bad price, cheaper than the refurbished ones from ServerPartDeals. Seagate Exos X20 ST20000NM007D 20TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Newegg has been listed for $279 directly. **Update** Newegg has a promo with paying with Zip use code "zip111" for to reduce this down to...
  2. VMman

ASRock Rack B650D4U-2L2T - Error 21 No Post

Hi, I'd like to know if anyone can share some wisdom on what I'm doing wrong here. I've received my new ASRock mainboard ( Bios 1.14 listed on the chip). These are the parts being used for the build: Ryzen 7900x with Crucial 32GB 4800MT ( CT32G48C40U5.M16A1 ) RAM which is listed on QVL. On...
  3. VMman

Help me select NVMe storage for my Ceph Build

Thanks in advance to all the storage experts out there. I've been wanting to get a small Ceph cluster up for some time and finally have some budget to start spending :cool: I want to start with a 5 node setup and use the experience gained to assist me with a deployment for the office at a...
  4. VMman

Intel 100G-CWDM4 Module - Mellanox Support

Hi All, I've recently obtained some Mellanox SN2100 switches and wanted to know if anyone has experience using the Intel SPTSBP2CLCKS 100G-CWDM4 1271-1331nm Optical Transceiver Module with these switches? According to the datasheet they are sub 4w which falls within the spec of the switch and...
  5. VMman

What's a good used 100G switch these days?

Hi All, I would like some advice, I'm looking to setup a ceph storage cluster to learn with and I wanted to skip 40G and go for something more exotic like 100G :cool: What is a good value switch that can still be used and has some life left? I see some Edge-Core AS7712-32X listed on ebay for...
  6. VMman

Recommended 10Gb NIC for Proxmox + Ceph Lab

Hi All, I'm currently in the planning phase of setting up a lab using 2 Proxmox hypervisors connected to 3 Ceph storage hosts. I wanted to get everyone's opinion on what is considered the best NIC value or otherwise to connect these servers together using a pair of ICX 6650's that I have. I...
  7. VMman

Hynix 960GB TLC PCIE 3.0 NVME M.2 22110 SSD

Does anyone have any info on this drive, I can't find any data sheets or performance details? Seems to be listed here for $149/ea 0-Hours HFS960GD0MEE-5410A Hynix 960GB TLC PCIE 3.0 NVME M.2 22110 SSD
  8. VMman

Proxmox - LVM Cache

Hi, Has anyone successfully setup LVM caching on their Proxmox hosts? I have a 4 bay 1U chassis with 4 x 2TB SSD's and I'm looking to use either some M2 optane or NVMe PCIe cards to increase performance. I understand in its native form the LVM cache is not a tier and only a cache. Any...
  9. VMman

Xeon Platinum 8124M 18C 3.0GHz $575

Saw this popup in my feed yesterday, seems like a good deal for someone who has a socket 3647 home lab. If this is indeed hyperscaler surplus CPU stock then more should be for sale in the USA right? Should the info be correct we may start to see a flood of these like the E5 2670v1 from years...
  10. VMman

Recommended Storage Spaces Cache Disk (nvme m2)

I'm looking for a MS supported cache disk(s) that has both PLP and supported/tested with Storage spaces? I understand models like the Samsung PM953 are not validated by MS and not show up as power loss compatible. Any wisdom from the Storage spaces gurus out here?
  11. VMman

Quad Port 10G Recommendations

Hi STH'ers, I'm exploring some options to use MS Storage Spaces with some of my Hyper-v hosts and since they are using 1U chassis I can only add a single expansion card. Any recommendations for quad port 10G, I'm open to both SFP+ or 10Ge options as I can get switches for both. RDMA support...
  12. VMman

Supermicro x10 RAM Support

Hi, Any advice would help me here. I have a potential deal on some DDR4 32GB REG RAM that I wanted to install into my Supermicro X10DRU-i+ however the ram in question is not listed on the supermicro website: HYNIX: HMA84GR7JJR4N-VK Approved Hynix modules as listed on Supermicros Website are ...
  13. VMman

HPE Ethernet 4x25Gb 1-port 620QSFP28 Adapter - $59

This card was featured on the main site last month, seems like a good price $59/ea Not sure how compatible these would be in non HP hardware however may make a good upgrade to a new microserver. NEW HPE 840134-001 4x25Gb Single-Port Network Adapter 817762-B21 High/ Low | eBay
  14. VMman

SSD Recomendations - 24 Bay DIY Storage

Hi Guys, Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to build out a storage server using a Supermicro 2U 24 Bay Chassis (SAS3 12Gbps Backplane) connected to 3 x HBA cards ( AOC-S3008L-L8e ) to provide iSCSI storage to either proxmox or hyper-v over 10Gbps ethernet. I would like to...
  15. VMman

Samsung DDR4-2133 16GB - $154

After searching ebay I was unable to find it cheaper than here > M393A2G40DB0-CPB0 Samsung DDR4-2133 16GB/2Gx72 ECC/REG CL15 Server Memory - DDR4 SDRAM Server 288 Pins - SuperBiiz.com Anyone else know of any good deals on 16GB dimms? Many Thanks
  16. VMman

Voltaire/Mellanox 4036 Unable to CLI

Hi Guys, I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction as I am rather stumped! I recently purchased (ebay) a 4036 switch and was trying to connect earlier via CLI so I can configure the device for testing. Upon boot I was unable to see any messages/text with the putty setting...
  17. VMman

Seeking Mellanox MCX354A Full Height Brackets

Hi Guys, Does anyone have or know of where i can get my hands on 5x full height brackets for the Mellanox MCX354A duel port cards. Thanks in advance.