Search results

1. VMman

Supermicro H11SSL-i not detecting all RAM

those look like LRDIMMS, aren't AMD EPYC known to be fussy about them?
  2. VMman

New Micron 7400 PRO 7.68TB NVMe U.3 (7mm) Non-SED Enterprise SSD - $349

Perhaps a private channel on Slack/Discord/Telegram can be setup between members who are contributing?
  3. VMman

H11SSL-NC: IPMI Firmware update question

For supermicro, there is no License key for BMC other than the BIOS update or on the newer boards the WEB-ISO. This notice means once you upgrade past the 1.52.21 it won't allow you to rollback since the older BMC is un-signed.
  4. VMman

Qotom Denverton fanless system with 4 SFP+

Also Interested in this, if the extra lanes could be used for the M2 for some more speed. :cool: Great review!! Does anyone have link to the manual or any further into on the "console" port? Can it be used for a console redirect mode in the event of a remote headless recovery path.
  5. VMman

Intel Xeon Gold 6148 20 core Skylake CPU for $88

I'm enjoying the downward trend on these gen1 scalable CPU's, hopefully gen2 is also going to get cheaper so that we can all enjoy some P-MEM goodness. Gen1 Epyc is also dropping nicely but if you have spare scalable mobos gen2 then it's an easier choice.
  6. VMman

ZFS Elephant In The Room (all NVMe array)

Not sure if you're seen this but it maybe helpful.
  7. VMman

EXPIRED Seagate Exos X20 ST20000NM007D 20TB 7200 RPM - NEW (BF Deal) $240 with coupon

Updated the post, there is a code now to reduce to $240... the pain :confused: after I have just received mine.
  8. VMman

EXPIRED Seagate Exos X20 ST20000NM007D 20TB 7200 RPM - NEW (BF Deal) $240 with coupon

It shows "sold and shipped by Newegg" not sure if thats much better. :)
  9. VMman

Got a bad price, cheaper than the refurbished ones from ServerPartDeals. Seagate Exos X20 ST20000NM007D 20TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Newegg has been listed for $279 directly. **Update** Newegg has a promo with paying with Zip use code "zip111" for to reduce this down to...
  10. VMman

Proxmox identify cause of poor performance in Dual Socket system

You could explore CPU pinning if you want test to lock them onto the same socket. Here is a video explaining the process. Proxmox CPU Pinning
  11. VMman

M2 SSD - PCIE Version effect on IOPS

Have a look at this thread, if you plan on using enterprise m.2 they can draw up to 10 watts each on load.
  12. VMman

m.2 2280 3.84/4TB with PLP for Synology Cache

Why does it have to be so large if its only for caching? I'm not a Synology user. If you can get away with a smaller 2280 m.2 then the Optane's (118gb) are tough to beat right now. No need for PLP since there isn't a dram cache.
  13. VMman

Intel DC P4610 6.4TB U.2 3 DWPD $349

Hi, care to share more info on these drives if they have arrived?
  14. VMman

Intel DC P4610 6.4TB U.2 3 DWPD $349

Care to share what other "deals" are out there at <$50/tb? I've been watching the P4610's and the 5600 units from ServerPartDeals but they have jacked the price of the later over the last two weeks.
  15. VMman

[EU-GER] Gigabyte MJ11-EC1 AMD EPYC 3151 - 69€

Seems like this mobo comes out of these servers G431-MM0 and they don't have the PCI-e 16x slot (4x) "MJ11-EC1 does NOT have the bifurcation option in the BIOS" from another forum.
  16. VMman

ASRock Rack B650D4U-2L2T - Error 21 No Post

Just an update for this, I had some time today to attempt a fix however even after flashing the bios I'm still presented with a Error 21. I guess RMA would be my only option. Thanks @RolloZ170 for your help, I ended up having to get another adaptor which enabled me to dump the BIOS and reflash.
  17. VMman

NVMe boot on X9-DRW-CF

I would ensure that you have access via IPMI to that you can recover and reflash the BIOS if unsuccessful. If you have the OS running from the 240gb SSD why not just add the NVME as your scratch disk instead of the effort involved to reload and flash a custom bios?
  18. VMman

Dell/EMC P5600

Does Dell publish the firmware for these drives, can't seem to find anything on their site?
  19. VMman

JunOS Download

I did thanks, however, they had the older 22.3R1-S2.3 release. Managed to source the latest Junos SR, 22.4R2-S1 (27 Jul 2023) If anyone requires a copy, PM me ;)