Search results

1. M

Unable to gain access into Sun X2821A infiniband switch

I dont recall offhand , I'll have to see if I still have that VM so I can extract the history. If you read the man page it should be documented on how to list users and reset passwords
  2. M

hey all, I know this is an old thread. But I was able to reset the password of the switch using the CLI ipmitool. Not sure if its because I have an older version, but it appears to bypass security and allow me to change user passwords. The key here is using the ipmitool that comes with Solaris...
  3. M

which mtu are you trying to set? the mgmt port?
  4. M

ESXi SAN Install / Boot (HP BL460c Gen9)

kind of odd the issue only manifested itself by using a differet processor
  5. M

are you on the latest version of vmware? weird that the nic drops off... can you see the progress of the install logs? did something crash? when you say it logs out, did it send a logout command or did it just disconnect?
  6. M

are you able to patch all the firmware to latest version?
  7. M

it runs a version of CentOS. so you should have the basic commands , im locked out of my switches OS , so i cant verify. but try these: - halt - poweroff - init 0 (this may not power it off, just shut the OS down) dont forget, this is a datacenter switch... in real world scenarios this would...
  8. M

if you're not getting an IP, more than likely its set for static assignment. Just an FYI... I dont know how to use Windows.. other than notepad... so I can't answer anything windows related. To find out whether the host is set for STATIC or DHCP, you'll need to connect a Linux, Solaris(or...