Search results

1. E

AMD EPYC 7C13 is a Surprisingly Cheap and Good CPU

Thank you for this article. I too would love to see a comparison of Milan parts, e.g. 7C13 v 7J13 v 7B13 etc. More importantly, what are the spec's for the server? like, what's the mobo, what's the memory. Specific part numbers though ... please.
  2. E

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I've seen a ICX6610-24F-E listed as having "24 port 1G SFP, plus 8 x 1G SFPP uplinks ports (upgradeable to 10G)" So just to clarify, are those 24 ports really SFP and not RJ45? And to upgrade the 8 SFP+ to 10G that would take an extra license (or lic's)?
  3. E

D'oh! brain fade, sorry. ICX 6450-24p. Bought 'em all yesterday. Figured something would eventually stick to the wall (as it were 8) serial on top, mgt right below. Got it. Many thanks.
  4. E

I'm not a networking guy. Two months ago (on a whim) I picked up a MikroTik CRS326 and ConnectX-2 cards, and the SFP+ just works. Shocked, I immediately started looking for more and affordable SFP+ ports. Hence looked at LB6M though bought Brocade icx6450-12p (hoping for lower power...
  5. E

49" 4K TV as computer monitor for $280 free shipping

I've tried ... but can't find any info on what kind of panel it is. Is it VA? MVA? IPS? or just plain TN? I could settle for TN given the price, but for larger panels it just gets a little washed out on the sides.