Search results

1. Occamsrazor

2x10G+2x2.5G+PCIE Solt+Intel VPRO+U.2 NVME[Minisforum MS-01]

I'd been looking at some of the r86s machines, and while to be fair they are a really a very different size/category.... this one looks amazing to me... very interested.
  2. Occamsrazor

Topton 4-port 2.5G and 2-port 10G 10th Gen Core Units and 8-port 2.5G

They are testing 32GB on the R86S-N (non-rackmount version) and say they'll advise around July 15 on the Reddit group.
  3. Occamsrazor

Topton 4-port 2.5G and 2-port 10G 10th Gen Core Units and 8-port 2.5G

Looks nice, they have N100 and N305 models... they seem to have added extra USB ports compared to previous models. Shame the RAM is still non-replaceable though. I'd love a version with replaceable RAM and a 2nd NVMe slot. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005792590190.html
  4. Occamsrazor

R86s Router

@LuckyGreen - Thanks for clarifying. As mentioned I didn't have experience myself, just had read about it.
  5. Occamsrazor

R86s Router

I have no experience in this myself... but Zerotier SDWAN latest development builds are supposed to be able to do multipath/bonding: https://docs.zerotier.com/zerotier/multipath Which is to say I have used Zerotier, but I've never tried bonding.
  6. Occamsrazor

Adding 10GbE via M.2 to CWWK N6005 i226 v4?

R86s router thread here... https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/r86s-router.37299/ To me it is very interesting.
  7. Occamsrazor

R86s Router

Thanks @Patrick it sounds great, I look forward to the review. Anyone else on here actually bought one? Just wondering if there are any massive red flags not to go for it...
  8. Occamsrazor

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Hi @nimik - could you confirm the exact spec of the P360 model & riser - was it a graphics card model and you are using the riser that came with that, the same as Vorwrath? Thanks.
  9. Occamsrazor

R86s Router

Was the allegation true? :) I find this device and its form factor so appealing.
  10. Occamsrazor

Not too expensive NVMe SSD with high TBW rating

Disclaimer... I know very little about NVMe drives. That said I was looking for something relatively cheap to put in this USB4/Thunderbolt enclosure to connect to my Macbook Pro and came across this model which seems pretty cheap and has some OK reviews so I ordered one... Fanxiang S500 Pro 2TB...
  11. Occamsrazor

On Lenovo UK I don't see any way to order any kind of module at all. I don't know why these manufacturers (Intel is the same with the Dual-LAN modules on their latest NUCs) don't just sell these separately.... on their own site, on Amazon etc.
  12. Occamsrazor

Useful link, thank you. I looked at the P360 Tiny, and judging by the "Loaded ### rows of total 3983 rows" it appears they have more than 3000 different SKU numbers for this model, globally-speaking. A bit insane! The specifications tab is quite useful though...
  13. Occamsrazor

Thanks for that info @Vorwrath it is very useful to know. I've been undecided about getting one of these for a while going back and forth between these and various Intel NUCs and having additional NICs is something I'd prefer. I read that thread, it seems like they really overcomplicate these...
  14. Occamsrazor

UK Lenovo P360 Tiny I7-12700T £929.99 with code (Lenovo.com)

FYI the deal is “sort of” back with 32% off (vs 39% originally)… ThinkStation P360 Tiny | Powerful compact workstation PC | Lenovo UK Why do the 12700T models only/always come with the T600 graphics card, and are not available with only iGPU? Is that just a marketing decision? There’s no...
  15. Occamsrazor

A search for the FRU 5c50w00910 that Vorwrath has in the P360 finds these, in case it's of use to anyone: https://www.ebay.com/itm/304599407949 https://www.sparepartworld.com/laptop-spare-parts/pcb-boards/pcb-5c50w00910-79345063
  16. Occamsrazor

This is a super-useful thread especially the table in the first post. It's interesting that the M90q Gen 2 has more storage options than the P350 (2x m.2, 1x 2.5" vs 2x m.2 only). I presume you can also put a network card in the M90q Gen 2 with a riser like the other models? It would be great if...
  17. Occamsrazor

This is very useful to know. I've never used Proxmox or ESXI before, only what I have read online. I see your point about only needing vPro to troubleshoot issues with the hypervisor itself and everything else can be managed through the hypervisor. The device would sit in a server rack at home...
  18. Occamsrazor

I hate to hijack this thread beyond the original intention, but seeing as the deal is over now anyway and you've been so helpful.... Been looking at high performance mini-pc options that have additional NICs and came across these models that have inbuilt 2 x 2.5gbe, after managing to conquer the...
  19. Occamsrazor

Thanks @Vorwrath - Yes I'll keep an eye. Really want a TinyMiniMicro machine but getting lost as to the huge variety of different models. The Lenovos are appealing because of the PCIe card option, but the Dell 7090 also has appeal with a 20gbps front USB-C port as oppposed to the usual 10gbps...
  20. Occamsrazor

Damn, I waited too long the flash sale is over and it’s back up to £1320. They do have a deal (22% off) on an M70q Gen3… but not as appealing… ThinkCentre M70q Gen 3 Tiny (Intel) | Compact, powerful 1L PC | Lenovo UK