Search results

1. B

Taming the C6100

Is this the fan that shipped with everyone's unit? Also what's the average decibel for one node? I pulled the new fan (2) out and it now sounds normal to me. The new fan might be bad. Any recommendations on a replacement? Genuine OEM Dell Poweredge C6100 Cooling FAN PFR0812XHE 12VDC 4 90A P N...
  2. B

Taming the C6100

I only have one.
  3. B

Taming the C6100

Has anyone had this experience with their unit? After I powered on my server earlier in the week, I noticed that the green/amber lights were alternating. I logged into the management console and checked the health. I found this message: FCB FAN1 Normal 3600 RPM 0 RPM 1500 RPM 0 RPM 25500 RPM...
  4. B

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

Lucky for me, my seller sent me a replacement board. I thought that was very nice of them since I was out of the 30 day warranty. HOWEVER, I'm absolutely shocked that no one has mentioned any direct complaints to Dell about why going into the IPMI settings to change from DHCP to static bricks...
  5. B

My 30 day warranty ended 5 days ago. Has anyone heard of recovery a dead board using bootstrap? I'm doing some more research on this but it looks like the C1100 can be recovered with this undocumented feature. Hopefully, the same can be done for the C6100.
  6. B

Unfortunately, mine tells me "Warranty information for this product is not available." Thanks for your help.
  7. B

Well, I tried reflashing the BMC with the socflash tool and it looks like I bricked the board itself. I'm not getting any video or power LED but I hear the fans spin up when I push the power button. I can't find anything online on how to revive the board so I'll be looking for a new board on ebay.
  8. B

So, the only way to get rid of this error is to flash the firmware?
  9. B

Also, I'm reading about people running into issues after setting up the IPMI through the BIOS so what is the best way to configure IPMI and remote management?
  10. B

Did your unit ship with the latest firmware?
  11. B

Has anyone run into this error during startup? "Error: BMC not responding, F1 to continue". I just started using one of the nodes last night and found this error message. The error doesn't seem to be affecting anything though. I was able to install server 2012 without any issues. The server...
  12. B

Can anyone recommend some SATA drives for the C6100?
  13. B

Taming the C6100

Well, I have 4 of these server (Super Micro branded) at work and they do scream, even after the initial jet sounding engine. This guy sitting on my kitchen island is very quite. Granted I haven't installed anything on it yet but I expected it to be very loud. At it's current db, it will do just...
  14. B

Taming the C6100

That's exactly what the problem was. I moved the PSU up and the amber/green flashing lights stopped. Hopefully, this will help others. Thanks for the help.
  15. B

Taming the C6100

Mine was also shipped with the PSU in the bottom slot. I will move it when I get home. One other thing I noticed is that the server spins up like a jet when I first turn it on but then within a few seconds, it sounds like a 1U. I expected it to sound like a jet on idle. I can use my cell phone...
  16. B

Taming the C6100

Hmm...Can someone else confirm this? I'd imagine everyone initially having this issue since the servers ship with one PSU. Thanks Patrick.
  17. B

Taming the C6100

One. I don't have redundant power supply and I don't think the one power supply can take multiple cables.
  18. B

Taming the C6100

Help!! I just took delivery of one of these monsters yesterday and upon starting all nodes, I realized that the amber/green lights keep flashing. Has anyone experienced this with their unit. All nodes go through post without any issues. I've contacted the ebay seller but any help on here will...