Search results

1. M

Server recommendation for 2U 12xLFF in which there should be 12x14-18TB SATA drives

Hello to all, I would like your opinion on what to buy from servers. Model that I found are DELL R720 with perc H710i 12xLFF ( I think it will not work with this big drives but if flashed to IT mode then there should be no problems) HP DL380e gen8 or HP DL380p gen8 12xLFF (I found these...
  2. M

DELL R620 adding second CPU

Hello to all , can someone tell me if I buy Dell R620 with 1 CPU configuration ,what I need to add except the heatsink for second CPU. I cant find on internet what is needed. Best regards
  3. M

Intel server SR2625 with Intel MB S5520UR no HDDs

Hello , I hope I did not missed the thread about this topic. Some time ago I got one used Intel server SR2625URLXR with two s1366 CPUs and 24gb of RAM but no HDDs. It has 8 x 2.5 rack . Server is starting normally but the problem is no matter what HDD I put inside in BIOS or boot menu there is...
  4. M

ESXI 6.0 new setup

Hello everybody , since I am na new user I need some advices and help about what setup to use. I will use ESXI 6.0 Dell image from support page for server. Server is Dell R710 2xE5520 Xeon , 32GB DDR3, perc 6i RAID and 8x2.5 HDD slots , what I need is to run ESXI on this server with 4 Ubuntu...
  5. M

SuperMicro X7DBE dual Xeon dont see 2. CPU -HELP-

I have two Super Micro X7DBE S771 dual Xeon MB with two E5430 Xeons on each board .On each board is 8x2GB of RAM all slots full. The problem is that MB don't see second CPU. When it starts there is message 1 of 1 CPU enabled , but few days it was 2 of 2 CPU enabled. When I switch CPU in socket...
  6. M

Help with workstation dual xeon intel S2600CP2J 32/64GB RAM

Hello everybody , I have been reading thread for days with Intel boards S2600CP2J, because I have almost no experience with the server boards, and I ordered this intel board to build my workstation. This build will be used for everyday things and I need to run 2-3 Linux systems in same time over...