Search results

1. M

Server recommendation for 2U 12xLFF in which there should be 12x14-18TB SATA drives

Hello to all, I would like your opinion on what to buy from servers. Model that I found are DELL R720 with perc H710i 12xLFF ( I think it will not work with this big drives but if flashed to IT mode then there should be no problems) HP DL380e gen8 or HP DL380p gen8 12xLFF (I found these...
  2. M

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

I had to come to say thank you to fohdeesha for his work and for making it so easy to flash RAID card. Now running openmediavault on R520 with PERC H310 mini.
  3. M

DELL R620 adding second CPU

Thank you all , the server have arrived, and I have ordered another CPU cooler, I already have the CPUs. Unlike the R520 which I got once with a 1P CPU risers, here there's no problem with the upgrade. Best regards
  4. M

DELL R620 adding second CPU

Hello to all , can someone tell me if I buy Dell R620 with 1 CPU configuration ,what I need to add except the heatsink for second CPU. I cant find on internet what is needed. Best regards
  5. M

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

Hello , just to be sure after reading this post IBM 600GB 2.5“ 10K 6G SAS HDD 45W7734 for DS8000 Storage can be used in Dell R520 an HP dl360 G6 server after you format them in 512 bytes using metods in first posts? Sorry for asking, I need to be sure before buying since there are 24 pieces in...
  6. M

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

Flashing is done , 3 cards all is ok thanks a lot.
  7. M

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

I found a lot of info here but since lot of things are new to me I still don't know what to do with my cards. I am using Win 10 pro fresh install for flashing cards. I got 3 cards all A3 an model cx354A.(form link where I order them SUN 7046442 DUAL 40GB/SEC QDR INFINIBAND CARD) I have used...
  8. M

Brocade 1020 CNA 10GbE PCIe Cards

This is great , now I can go with SUN 7046442 DUAL 40GB/SEC QDR INFINIBAND CARD 3 cards and NetApp DAC . Just to remember to flash cards once I get them and this is enough for 3 machines an 40Gb network, and price is very good for all. I will tell my friend to make orders but I will get them at...
  9. M

Thanks for the link , good price I have been watching these cards , but cables I found for them they're all expensive or I don't know how to find a matching cable for a direct link between the cards. I am sorry this is my first buying cards of this type. And since mu friend will bring them to...
  10. M

It will be win 10pro on normal pc's and 1-2 servers with esxi 6 and maybe win server 2012.What other cards would you recommend?
  11. M

Are these card any good for using today ? Because they are like dual port for 10$ on ebay + some cable. It would be used in dell r710/720/r520 and win 10 pro machines. Best regards
  12. M

Intel server SR2625 with Intel MB S5520UR no HDDs

I have connected sata 0 and 1 ports from motherboard to midplane with sata cables and now I can see HDD in bios, I have installed Win server 2012 R2 for test , all is working normal. I want to thank you very , very much for your help. On this server PSU makes noise like it is always on , but...
  13. M

By the color and markings I would say it is passive. Thanks for the link. Just a stupid idea , it says Passive Midplane with 6Gb/s SAS or 3Gb/s SAS/SATA pass -through capabilitiesfor either onboard SATA ports or a SAS/SATA add-in card, Enclosure management cable, Note: SATA drive cables are...
  14. M

Thanks for the manual. I have look inside it but did not found nothing for HDDs. I have marked connections for HDD bays. Found on internet same model and it is same inside as much I can see. Maybe HDD bay dead , I have no ideas what to try.
  15. M

Hello , I hope I did not missed the thread about this topic. Some time ago I got one used Intel server SR2625URLXR with two s1366 CPUs and 24gb of RAM but no HDDs. It has 8 x 2.5 rack . Server is starting normally but the problem is no matter what HDD I put inside in BIOS or boot menu there is...
  16. M

ESXI 6.0 new setup

Hello everybody , since I am na new user I need some advices and help about what setup to use. I will use ESXI 6.0 Dell image from support page for server. Server is Dell R710 2xE5520 Xeon , 32GB DDR3, perc 6i RAID and 8x2.5 HDD slots , what I need is to run ESXI on this server with 4 Ubuntu...
  17. M

SuperMicro X7DBE dual Xeon dont see 2. CPU -HELP-

I have two Super Micro X7DBE S771 dual Xeon MB with two E5430 Xeons on each board .On each board is 8x2GB of RAM all slots full. The problem is that MB don't see second CPU. When it starts there is message 1 of 1 CPU enabled , but few days it was 2 of 2 CPU enabled. When I switch CPU in socket...
  18. M

Help with workstation dual xeon intel S2600CP2J 32/64GB RAM

Because I have to take a very strict account of the budget, it will probably be 2 x 2650l or one 2650 v2 price is the same more or less . But because of RAM at the end 99% it will be one 2650V2 and 4x8GB 10600R DDR3 so latter I can add the same . For my current workload this is more then enough...
  19. M

Help with workstation dual xeon intel S2600CP2J 32/64GB RAM

Are the CPU E5 2650L V2 enough for use that is mentioned in first post?
  20. M

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

I already own this supermicro PSU from the link, got used one for like 20$, but thanks for suggestions . I looked your links and bought the one from your links EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B2 110-B2-0750-VR 80+ BRONZE 750W it is great deal now for 69.99 , you have 10$ mail rebate to on that price but I...