Search results

1. N

MNPA19-XTR Connectx-2 / Windows 10 - Slow LAN download speed

I use the same cards and similar 2 computer setups and Fiber connected. I'm having similar issues with it peaking at 7Gb/s. I did a few things below and got it to 9.5Gb/s, but it hasn't survived a few reboots, so I'm trying to troubleshoot that. Mellanox Drivers. Get 5.50 drivers, March/2019...
  2. N

Mellanox ConnectX-2 Firmware

@Mistb0rn for me, I was getting this message after trying to burn the .mlx file with the .ini file: .\mlxburn -fw fw-ConnectX2-rel.mlx -conf test.ini -wrimage test.bin -I- Generating image ... -E- File: C:/ConnectX2/test.ini, Line: 1 - Invalid syntax -E- Image generation failed: child process...
  3. N

does the core firmware file: fw-ConnectX2-rel.mlx, contain the boot ROM that comes with these cards. I've already dumped the .ini config information from the device, and will be joining it to the .mlx file to make the .bin, but was just curious about the ROM issue. Thanks.
  4. N

Enable 56GbE on HP-649281-B21 / Mellanox 354 with direct connect?

Is there any problem running optical transceivers and OM4 in a peer-to-peer connection for 40Gbe traditional-ethernet? I'm sure this will eliminate IB connectivity. But still, I wonder if it's possible.
  5. N

Fluctuating speeds on 40gb Mellanox

use a RAMDISK on each machine - server and PC and transfer a 50Gb file across the network and see what happens. use Jperf/iperf as @fossxplorer suggested between the two machines and see what happens. what cable do you have connecting the two?
  6. N

HP 649281-B21 ConnectX-3 VPI MCX354A-FCBT $35 + $8 shipping OBO ebay

I think I'm getting it. qsfp14 = 4x14Gb/s = 56Gb/s IB (proprietary Mellanox) FDR (Fourteen Data Rate) per channel. You made me do some homework/research.. Thanks.
  7. N

It'll do 14Gb/s? so, if that's true, then its only slightly better than a single port 10Gbe SFP+ card. I'm still unclear if it will ever be able to do 40Gb/s. Am I able to install QSFP+ transceivers in to get the 40Gb/s speed? I'm just talking Ethernet, not IB. I'm only interested in...
  8. N

wait a minute, is the 649281-B21 card a 40Gbe card? Shouldn't it say QSFP+ Instead its labelled "649281-B21 HP Infiniband Dual Port FDR/EN 10/40GB 544QSFP Adapter " if its QSFP, then it maxes out at 4Gb/s. If its QSFP+ then its a true 40Gb/s card.
  9. N

Is there any other benefit to going to the 2.10.720 firmware if you are not dealing with RDMA I have only a peer-to-peer connection with workstation/NAS server. Thanks.
  10. N

2 NICs: 1Gb & 10Gb

Thank you guys Both ways worked, I tried both methods @beaker - I adjusted the metric to '5' for the 10Gbe connection and '400' for the 1Gbe NIC. It favored the 10Gbe for file transfers. @Balteck - I adjusted the host file to link the 10Gbe NIC to the specific computer name. It favored the...
  11. N

2 NICs: 1Gb & 10Gb

scenario: Windows 1o OS 2 computers connected peer-to-peer via 10Gbe connection IP #1: 10.10.10.1 IP#2: 10.10.10.2 Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 for both no default gateway entered The 2 computers also each have 1Gbe onboard NICs connected to the router with gateway: 192.168.0.1 via a switch. Their...
  12. N

Switch recommendation: Smart/Managed gigabit, SFP/SFP+, homelab use

Does the PowerConnect 5524 switch allow for fiber media? I have LCtoLC OM3 fibre in multiple areas around the house, all converging in the office/server room. The big question is, can it accept fiber connection (with the proper transceivers of course)?
  13. N

10G fiber noob questions

I'm using LC to LC OM3 Fiber Patch Cable Multimode Duplex - 10m, with Finisar FTLX8571D3BCL transeivers (850nm), with 2 Mellanox ConnectX-2 single-Port MNPA19-XTR in a peer-to-peer. I haven't chosen a good switch yet (thinking about the Quanta)
  14. N

Mellanox ConnectX-2 EN and Windows 10?

re: Mellanox cards, Have you guys tried turning off network throttling in windows 10? Set the DWORD to ffffffff in the registry (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile If peer-to-peer, enable MTU 9000 on both machines Interupt moderation: disable Receiver...