Search results

1. L

quieten down noisey fans on hp proliant dl380p

Hi Guys, I have a proliant dl380p with a broken ILO, sometimes i can get it online for one session after a firmware flash but then afterwards it wont work. I've concluded that the NAND memory has died. My question is, are there any BIOS settings people know that will stop the random fan...
  2. L

Videos of your rigs / servers

Hi Guys, I've made a little video of my servers documenting the Monero hardfork as it happened. I was hoping some of you guys could post some videos of your servers and show us what you're doing with your mining.
  3. L

HP Proliant 380p Gen8 - ILO4 not working

Hi Guys, I have a proliant dl380p G8 and on boot the UEFI / BIOS says it cannot communicate with ILO4. I don't need ILO as it's only a crypto mining server. Everything else works fine, the actual problem is the fans keep randomly switching from full blast to nothing at all. Is there a way I...
  4. L

Monero pool vs Nicehash at fork time

Hi Guys, I was wondering if you are going to mine direct or switch to nicehash at fork time. My theory is the price of cryptonight hashing go through the roof due to speculators wanting to quickly pick up Monero, should we put all our nodes onto Nicehash to get some bitcoin? Still trying to...
  5. L

Really bad news for GPU and CPU Cryptonight miners .... The end.

Please delete, someones already posted about this.
  6. L

Bad news for GPU and CPU cryptonight miners - the end.

please delete, posted in wrong forum
  7. L

Wanted: 2660 v2, 2670v2 or 2680v2

Does anybody have any of these for for sale, if so how much for a pair shipped to the UK? Thanks.
  8. L

Tweaking the Proliant BIOS (UEFI)

Hi There, I was wondering if anybody has any tips for BIOS tweaks for the Proliants to help get more hash rates. There's a lot of settings, I'm actually overwhelmed at sheer amount of tweaking available on the DL380p G8's. As you know these things take an eternity to boot so I was hoping...
  9. L

A new way of calculating profitability

Hi Guys, I've noticed a number of services exist (miningpoolhub, awesomeminer, nicehash) that calculate profitability but they factor in the dollar value. So lets say monero price has gone to the moon, I'll be mining those coins, but if it goes back down I would have ended up with less money in...
  10. L

Cryptonight mining and RAM

Hi Guys, I'm on my way to getting my Proliants ready for mining in XMRig. How much RAM do I actually need to just run headless ubuntu with XMRig? As these servers are only used as miners I want to sell off the excess RAM to try and recoup some costs.
  11. L

Trying to find heatsinks for Proliant DL380p

Hi Guys, I've been trying to find a supplier for these heatsinks, I'm based in the UK but unfortunately here there only seem to be 2 ebay sellers who are both demanding mega bucks. Can I get away with putting any other generation heatsinks in there, it doesn't have to be practical or look...
  12. L

Multiple IP's / virtual machines / performance

Hi Guys, I have proliant 380p's and want to setup each server to do the following tasks. Run a computationally intensive app that will utilise 95% of the CPU's resources (machine learning / AI), the rest of the CPU power will be used for the following: Run 16 virtual machines that will need...