Search results

1. P

EU AIC ARA Motherboard (FCLGA1150, RTX, C226) - Less than 10EUR/piece!

Damn ... i got 4 working, 1 bent pins - of those 4 I have already killed 1 :(
  2. P

I guess 1 lot has re-appeared for about 50GBP. Seems last chance to grab. Lot of 5 AIC ARA Server Boards | eBay
  3. P

Update: The board works fine with hacked power cable. Reporting ok with 1220L v3 Xeon. Takes even 1G 12800E ram modules without issue. BIOS has many settings and is very nice overall. Now I need to start hacking the pcie goldfinger and figuring out the chassis. Seems SPK buzzer is not working...
  4. P

Cheap Fusion IO SX350 6.4TB

Yes its because end of life and end of official support with warranties running out. Corporates getting rid of it all. I found it randomly :D much tempted, spent a lot of capital on them - they run quite hot. This guy: enteracloud2 on eBay Listing: NEW Fusion io ioMEMORY SX350 1.6TB Enterprise...
  5. P

Cheap Fusion IO SX350 6.4TB

Very nice drives, I bought earlier 3pcs 3200GB / 500$ each. Good price, but could be better. Offer: I have 1 piece left, checked working, very low TBW (<100) - asking 580EUR/EU + shipping. PM
  6. P

Very good news, since I have already ordered this adapter. All pinouts: http://www.aicipc.com/image/images/psg/Server%20Boards/UM_Ara.pdf
  7. P

Once it arrives along with other stuff I can check. 1 - It is my guess that it will fit into full E-ATX chassis and that mounting points will be compatible (at least 4 screws) with 4x Pcie possibly in a good spot. Due to cpu and pcie positions mods could be required. 2 - About the goldfinger 16x...
  8. P

Wow that went fast. Seller might still have more under different listing: Lot of 5 AIC ARA Server Boards | eBay
  9. P

Maybe I am stupid, but its time to upgrade my NAS to next gen with custom made aluminium chassis. Too bad its lot of 5 - some friends will upgrade too :). Planning ESXi (NAS + pfSense + Server) combined V-solution with this mobo and low power E3-1220L V3 (it has AES NI too). -NEW- 1 more lot -...
  10. P

Mellanox dual port MHRH2A-XSR $7.50 OBO + S&H

Just about any directed fan will work fine. Does not need to be mounted on the card itself. I have 4 total single port of these across 3 machines. 2 machines / 1 card each dont have special cooling and are fine (but average case temps are low), in mainframe (hot tower server case about 60C)...
  11. P

Anyway this is the cheapest I have seen for dual 10Gbit (or more + RDMA 1.5) capable device. For experiments with peer to peer 10Gbit on the cheap there is nothing better. Additionaly for bigger setups you can get Mellanox IS5022 (can be modded for noise) - QDR 8 port switch (40Gbps IB) for less...
  12. P

I have bought 8 single port ConnectX-2 cards earlier for 10US/1pc. These are good cards - you can do easy 10GbE (IPoIB) that goes close to 8Gbps on standard OSes. If you use Server OS you can utilize RDMA protocol v1.5 with access speeds up to 30Gbps (tested on ramdisk) - though for this feature...
  13. P

EU - not for sale anymore -

Would you ship CZ, Prague? How much? I might have some SSDs (960G), network cards (iSCSI offload dual, SUN quad), SAS2 (LSI) for trade. I will make a FS listing here very soon (up to 30 days). I will install some new PCIe n reorganize in server tomorrow so I will check if theres 2 slot space...
  14. P

EU - not for sale anymore -

Hi, I am interested in the Xeon Phi for experimentation with massive parallel apps - can you describe in very short how does it work? Does it show in taskmanager or you need to compile all code in special tool? Can you access shared RAM with Phi cores? Would you sell just 1 :)? Or trade it?
  15. P

EU Supermicro X9SRI-F

Too bad I didnt see this 14 days ago. I have already bought "new copy" of LGA2011 from China :) It would be instant buy for me..
  16. P

EU 2x 32GB DDR4 , 4 x E5-2660v3

I have received CPUs and RAM yesterday. Neat package - 100% protection. I will test everything hopefully as soon as Thursday. Thanks :) 21/06/2018: All tested OK
  17. P

EU 2x 32GB DDR4 , 4 x E5-2660v3

Think both DDR3 and DDR3L should work with Intel S2600CP2 as long as only 1 type is used - I got it at home with sweet 128GB (16x8) :) think I saw 1.50/1.35 options in the bios. At this price id grab full 16 sticks :). Intel ARK Intel S2600CP2: DDR3 ECC UDIMM/LV RDIMM/LV 1066/1333/1600/1866...
  18. P

Cheap LGA2011 (v1) systems and more

As mentioned here, any decent LSI card should work: r/homelab - Dell compellent sc 200
  19. P

EU - Would anyone buy chinese new X79 2011 motherboards in EU

Ye. The board should be all good. The cheaper can be bought for about 90 euros from germany and about 80 usd directo from china (not including shipping and import charges). There is a russian page with many details: China x79/c602 overclock xeon, ecc reg ddr3 And official page: X79Z B10...