Search results

1. F

X10SDV-4C-TLN2F $229.90

I have a fleet of about 200 of these at work and 5 ewasted ones in my personal rack. They are rock solid no issues with ipmi or the 10g ports. Bloody brilliant boards and total power draw of less than 90w with 128gb ram and 8.5tb of SSD in our work setups
  2. F

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

So this is similar to a project we do. We've done benchmarks with the the 1541 and the 1518 from Supermicro. Each server has 4 Samsung 850 EVO 500GB drives in RAID0 as local movie storage and a Supermicro 32GB SATADOM for the system with 64GB of RAM (2x32 in case we want to bump that up). These...
  3. F

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Well I'll let you know how our testing goes. We're looking to use them as streaming media end points for a project and mpegts multicast is all 160 byte packets max. Hopefully will have the servers here to stress test in the next week or two
  4. F

VMUG Advantage EVALExperience

It took a few business days for mine, it is a manual/semi-manual process on their end, given the holiday season it might take a bit longer
  5. F

Gigabyte GA-9SISL - update

Now that's interesting, I just got a notification from newegg.com that the GA-9SISL is now in stock.
  6. F

Thanks, I'll look into them. I have the added fun of trying to get it delivered to Australia.
  7. F

I've seen those, but I've not found one that's actually had stock or that had any positive reviews for the supplier
  8. F

Digging up an old thread, but did anyone ever find these boards actually on sale?
  9. F

Caution - Deep Discount Server - Ebay

shipito will also palletise multiple boxes and ship it as one. We used it at work once, was cheaper to fedex the gear to shipito, have them palletise it and ship it than for us to pack it up and ship it back to AU.
  10. F

Picked up a new R720...

I have an r710 in the rack in my home office, its no louder than my gaming rig. Besides the UPS in the rack is way louder.
  11. F

Cisco router for cable internet, small network

Mike yes in its default config that is the case, but it's easy enough to delete the bridge config and use it as a pure router, that is with one or more ips per port, or vlan. I use the rb2011 for my home network and several of the cloud core router models at work. Really good kit, for its price...
  12. F

Intel Avoton C2750 Benchmarks - Supermicro A1SAi-2750F

Been following these boards for a while now, think my hodge-podge home lab is gonna get an upgrade, so been checking for updates on these boards semi-regularly. Noticed today that acmemicro.com are listing this board for US$375. Is that for real? I've never heard of them wondering if they have...