Search results

1. B

help with brocade 7450 boot loop error i2c_accesserr

Never mind. After some trial and error it was one of the SFP modules that were plugged in that caused it. Removing it brought the switch back to life.
  2. B

help with brocade 7450 boot loop error i2c_accesserr

Has anyone seen this before? I replaced all of the modules and it's still happening. Here is a boot log. https://pastebin.com/CqTH3g6b
  3. B

ESXi: Is it possible to boot guest VM from the HBA in DirectPath mode

Yea. That's the guy that makes it sound easy. Heh
  4. B

ESXi: Is it possible to boot guest VM from the HBA in DirectPath mode

With ESXi, I'm trying to pass the HBA to the VM with DirectPath and boot the VM from the HBA. I can install the VM and I can even boot the hardware from the disks attached to the HBA (I did on accident once) but I can't get the VM to boot using the disks attached to the HBA. Is it possible to...
  5. B

help with supermicro SC933 server upgrade

Thank you for the feedback and that Naming conventions link. It has been very helpful in trying to narrow down options.
  6. B

help with supermicro SC933 server upgrade

I have an old Supermicro server that I use as a JBOD (NFS/Samba shares). Other than the fact that it is slow, it works great. I have upgraded the NIC and HBA on it already. I really just need CPU/Memory/Motherboard now. I'm hoping someone can tell me if I can put something more modern in this...