Search results

1. T

Newbie needs to buy a high-end server - advice please!

Thanks - I checked the manual and it looks like 16GB RDIMM/DPC=3/1.5V will run at 1066MHz. It says that 1.35V is "not applicable" -- does that mean it wont work in this configuration?
  2. T

Thanks - the RAM modules I've ordered are 16GB each (64 x 16GB); are you saying these are not supported by the R920?? If they are, will I still see the same slowdown? I was told the model of the memory would probably be Samsung M393B2G70QH0-YK0...
  3. T

Thanks all for your help! In the end, I did purchase this server with a few modifications -- no HDDs (I bought 3 x 2TB Micron SSDs instead) and no graphics card. I also ensured that the RAM was Samsung and 1600MHz. It cost me CAD $14K.
  4. T

Thank you! I believe the memory is 1600MHz. I'd be very interested to know your responses to my other questions - thanks again.
  5. T

Dear server experts! I am a researcher looking into buying a high-end server for some memory-intensive simulations (mostly finite-element method for those that are interested). I know that I'll need a minimum of 1TB of RAM, as many physical cores as I can get (for parallel computing), and an...