Search results

1. B

SunRay thin clients on Solarish?

I am interesting in running SunRay ultrathin clients on Solarish. However, Solaris 11.4 does not support SunRay anymore. Maybe some other Solarish derivative supports SunRay, like OpenIndiana? Or, is it tricky to install SunRay onto Solaris 11.4? Anyone has a good guess which Solarish might be...
  2. B

Dell EqualLogic PS5500E iSCSI SAN???

What do you know about the Dell EqualLogic PS5500E iSCSI SAN? Could you use it in a similar way as a Supermicro SC847 with 45 disks? I am interested in a JBOD case for use with ZFS. How would you use the Dell case?
  3. B

How to connect Supermicro SC847 jbod to HBA?

A question: I have bought a refurbished SC847 jbod now. It holds four sff8088 ports at the back. Is this the E16 version I have? The E26 has six sff8088 ports? As I have understood it, the front 24 disks are served by one SAS2 expander, and the back 21 disks are served by another SAS2...
  4. B

Dell dual port 6GB SAS PCI-E HBA?

I am wondering if this card is suitable for Solaris ZFS envrinoment? It is a LSI2008 chipset, can I use it instead of an IBM M1015? Do you know? I need an external sff8088 card, and this looks just like a M1015, but external which would be perfect for my needs. Can I buy it instead of a M1015...
  5. B

Anyone using Supermicro SC847E26-JBOD at home?

I am thinking of buying an SC847E26-JBOD and running it at home. I heard it is a good chassis (can someone confirm). I thought of a Norco 4224 first, but I dont know. Anyway, would this Supermicro case be overkill for a home user? Is anyone running it at home? Or is it only a professional thingy?
  6. B

What RAM to SuperMicro X10SAT?

I need to order some RAM sticks to X10SAT, and I dont know which RAM works. Can anyone link to a few RAM sticks on Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More! that should work? I need 32GB RAM. Is it the same RAM as to X10SAE? I have asked other forums, but no one knows, and...
  7. B

News on Supermicro X10SAT?

Anyone has news on X10SAT? Why is it late?
  8. B

How to use e3-1245v3?

I am interested in using a Haswell E3 cpu with integrated graphics. What kind of mobo do I need for that? Does the Supermicro mobo need to be special, or can I use anyone? I want the X10SAT which is similar to X10SAE, but no PCI slots. How does IGP work? I enable it in the BIOS? And if I...