Search results

1. B

Easiest way to move my data from old Proxmox ZFS Pool to new FreeNAS Scale pool?

I would think a twin E5 2430 server with 4 SAS2 drives in raid z1 configuation and a bonded/trunked 1GBE connection could move data faster than my desktop with individual SATA drives and a single GBE connection. For some reason, the incoming bonded GBE on the new server (running 4x SAS3 drives...
  2. B

Easiest way to move my data from old Proxmox ZFS Pool to new FreeNAS Scale pool?

I'm really wishing I had taken the time to make sure jumbo frames were enabled prior to starting my video folder transfer... Such a newb...
  3. B

In 5 years, I haven't really done much with VMs. In my Proxmox setup, I had one Ubuntu container that ran Plex and Taotulli, and the other was TurnKey File server. I had a Windows 10 VM running at one point, but I never really did much with it and it was using too much space. I never fully...
  4. B

It appears to be working. I'm seeing files populated in the TrueNAS subfolder. I am also seeing it show in the SMB folder on my Windows PC, so that is good. Thanks for the help. No need to write out commands. I've got it.
  5. B

I think I got it working. I am trying my smallest dataset first to see if it is successful. It appears I don't need to create file subfolder. ZFS will do that.
  6. B

The Scale server has this (Plus a bunch of other non-relevant ones) root@truenas[~]# zfs list NAME USED AVAIL...
  7. B

The Proxmox has this: root@billx2:~# zfs list NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT storage 3.92T 6.77T 34.4K /storage storage/share 3.92T 6.77T 41.9K /storage/share storage/share/Files 12.0G 6.77T 12.0G...
  8. B

I figured it would take some time. My movie collection is about 3TB, and music/photos are a combined 1TB. The servers are on the same 1GbE switch and each has a pair of aggregated connections.
  9. B

It does. I made that setting change. Thanks. About to give this a try.
  10. B

Does that require me to have SSH keys setup or will it just work with my root login credentials for the TrueNAS server?
  11. B

Sorry for the vague open question, but I'm driving myself mad tonight trying to figure out the best (safest/fastest) way to populate the empty 20TB ZFS Pool in a new TrueNAS Scale build. I think we are talking about 6-7TB of movies, photos, music. Each in folders specific to the type of media...
  12. B

New build, 8TB HGST HE10 SAS3 drives showing a running SMART Long test running after power cycle(s).

I asked this question over at the TrueNAS Community and haven't gotten any responses. I have a curious situation with a new server build. I have 5x 8TB SAS drives that I purchased used, model HUH721008AL5200. I put these into a Supermicro X10SRH-CF build using the embedded SAS3008 (IT mode)...
  13. B

Post highest hours HDD you have for the end of 2022

Something isn't adding up here. I've been running 4x of these HGST SAS 4TB drives 24x7 since I built my 1st server in early 2018. They were used when I bought them (2014 build date). Why don't I see 70,000+ hours? FYI, I ran SMART short test yesterday...which shows at 1487 hours. Today it is...
  14. B

1U 10sff supermicro X10SRH-CF - 185$

Let us know how it arrives in....February? LOL. I was leaning towards the one in Calgary, but my last few shipments from Canada took forever, and the one time I had a problem, the cost to send it back was prohibitive. There shouldn't be any Duty on a shipment that values $100 CAD.
  15. B

I mentioned earlier that they quickly accepted my offer of $115. They may go lower. Don't be afraid to offer!
  16. B

The OEMs make cables like I am describing. My current Dell poweredge has a single power connector for 4 drives. I might be able to hack something like that, re-terminating the power end for a Molex.
  17. B

My PS only has 4 Molex outputs and at least one is used for the front case fans. It would be nice if someone could make a SFF-8643 to 4x8482 that had a single Molex for all 4 drives. Can't seem to find anything like that.
  18. B

Well, I offered $115 for one and they accepted. Just right at $200 shipped with tax. Something fun to play with soon.
  19. B

I was looking at these: Mini SAS HDD SFF-8643 to 4 SFF-8482 Connector with Power Port Hard Drive 0.5M 1M | eBay Any better recommendation? I'm not sure what you mean about the PWDIS issue, so I'll have to do some searching. EDIT: Did some quick checking. So the PWDIS concern is a concern with...