Search results

1. C

SFP+ 10gbase-T on turbocharged quanta lb6m

As I said, no debate about fiber being better than copper here please ! Just the facts about your experience on using 10G base-T SFP
  2. C

SFP+ 10gbase-T on turbocharged quanta lb6m

Hello everyone, Prices for SFP+ 10gbase-T have rapidly dropped along the course of 2-3 years. Nowadays (november 2019) you can get on sites like fs.com a generic but programmed SFP for your equipment brand for less than 60 dollars. Yes, I know, lots of you would say "base-t is crap, go for the...
  3. C

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

This was already answered somewhere in the thread but I'll tell you again. The Quanta was sold as a generic "brandless" (not entirely true, but whatever) 10G switch to very big and well known companies like Amazon and Google for their datacenters. They would buy tons of them and asked for...
  4. C

Soekris net6501 and Openbsd, network performance trouble

So after some research and tests I found the reason, even if it's a good little machine, a net6501-30 with its 600MHz Atom CPU is too light to handle gigabit traffic. In my previous comment the machine going full speed was actually a net6501-70, so 1.6GHz CPU. Hope this can give a hint to...
  5. C

Soekris net6501 and Openbsd, network performance trouble

I have a homemade router made with a Soekris net6501 running Openbsd (actually 6.3). Lately I was very suspicious about my internet connection, my contract is a gigabit fiber (well at max gigabit speed, not gigabit guarantied), but in the facts my numerous tests shows me that I am on a 100mbps...
  6. C

Turbocharge your Quanta LB6M - Flash To Brocade TurboIron - Big Update!

I have another headache matter to report, not sure who to blame here, so an expert overview would be appreciated. I made a trunk link with the 4 copper ports of my brocade modded quanta linked to 4 ports of a netgear gs724tv4. the ports are configured LACP active, the link goes up and everyone...
  7. C

Oh wow, a buggy firmware. I did the procedure to go back to v7 too. I am very interested in the kind of troubles with LACP. I had a hard time to make it run at first as I explained in this thread, plus I have always had the sensation that my 4-way LACP on the ethernet ports did not gave the...
  8. C

Oh wait, here is something interesting. When I made a LACP link to trunk my Netgear switch with the 4 copper RJ45 ports I had an episode of bad flapping too. I workaround it with the following, and set "short" on the Netgear too. interface ethernet 25 ethernet 26 ethernet 27 ethernet 28...
  9. C

Chelsio S320e trouble with Debian based Linux

I have quite a big problem on Debian based Linux distros. When booting, the system gets stuck at kernel booting quite a long time when addressing the card. booting with LINUX_DEFAULT="--verbose nosplash debug" [ 4.772733] hid-generic 0003:046D:C22D.0009: input,hiddev0,hidraw8: USB HID v1.11...
  10. C

Hmm, yeah I used a similar offer and also use some DAC and SFP cards on my computers... But it's not what my question is about. Especially when you have a piece of equipment with a 10G RJ45 port, not SFP. It needs a 10G RJ45(base-T) port on your switch to interface, hence a SFP+ transciever...
  11. C

Interesting information. I was thinking about a thread, or a wiki page, or something... to gather everyone tests and results to know what's working or not.
  12. C

Did someone have the opportunity to test some 10Gbase-T transceivers on the Quanta ? Prices seems to drop quite fast these days, such offer exist but how about compatibility... SFP+ Copper SFP-10G-T GLC-10G-T 10G Base-T RJ45. Multi rate: 10G 5G 2.5G 1G | eBay SFP+10GBASE-T Transceiver Copper...
  13. C

I tried with those commands but no information. If I can I'll try with some SFP+ transcievers
  14. C

I made more tests today toying with some optical SFP. Here are the results I got Port 7: Type : 1G M-SX(SFP) Vendor: Brocade Version: Part# : PL-XPL-VC-S13-19 Serial#: ####### Port 13: Type : 1G M-SX(SFP) Vendor: Brocade...
  15. C

Annnnnd it's back :) I did have some 4-pin fans installed but not plugged on the 3rd position fan power plug. Funny thing, I did the switch online and the temperature then showed 128 Celcius degrees... yeah right. But after a reboot was back to more regular figures SSH@switch10g>show chassis...
  16. C

I could put my hand on a Base-T SFP I had tested before today and tested it my switch. When running the Quanta firmware, no dice. But with the brocade firmware works like a charm. Not much info though. SSH@switch10g>show media ethernet 13 Port 13: Type : 1G M-TX(SFP)
  17. C

Not months, more precisely : I modded the fans, then got the temp with the SNMP OID. At this moment I was still using the Quanta firmware. Then suddenly it stopped showing and turned to "0" This week-end I flashed the firmware and, surprise ! Using the cacti Brocade ICX template I saw that I...
  18. C

Now that we're talking about I have some doubts... I made the fan modding a few months ago and i THINK I had at least one 4-pin fan in the lot, I would have to open the cover again to verify.. such a pain :p If so I will just connect it to that connector.
  19. C

Yes, for some of them. The most infuriating part is that it worked fine until suddenly it decided to just say "0" everywhere...
  20. C

On a second note, temperature sensoring is a bitch... On my modified switch it does takes temperature then stops doing so for no reason (I replaced all fans in there). I had some really nice Cacti graphs... >show chassis Power supply 1 (NA - NA - Regular) present, status ok Power supply 2 (NA...