Search results

1. B

Problem with Ga-MZ31-AR0, the first single socket AMD EPYC Motherboard

Are you connecting the Cards on Slot 2 4 5 7 ? These are the ones that are wired pci express 16x. You can only connect the cards directly on the motherboard slot on the 5th and 7th slot, the other ones need risers. You could try to set onboard vga on default and try to boot like that. You will...
  2. B

What are these 4 Graphics, you want to insert and how are they suppose to work ? Are these 4 PCI eXpress 3.0 16x devices ? What OS are you going to use ? give me more details, perhaps i can figure something out !
  3. B

You might want to try to stick to F06 Bios. I have noticed F06 Bios is the last Bios where you can select in the "legacy VGA" menu, if the system should use the onboard VGA or if it should use the external. All newer Bioses, this Menu is empty. THat is if you want or need to boot with the...
  4. B

How to Enable IOMMU on Gigabyte MZ31-AR0

I have found it. It was a Setting within a Setting within a Setting. Very hidden. But it was exactly that, Enabling IOMMU. I have taken every menu inside the Bios manually by Hand, which i had done before, and had the Feeling ive been there, but obviously i missed it. For those that want to...
  5. B

That didnt work. The first settings at page 12 are settings for the built in network cards, and the setting at page 40 was allread enabled in bios. Unraid still show IOMMU disabled. So it didnt work.
  6. B

Ill check it out, will post here to confirm if it worked or not. You gotta recognize, ist not the most straightforward BIOS there is, there was no Setting that said IOMMU Enable/Disable. Ill try once ill be home again, and see what that yields me. Many thanks for the answer, much appreciated...
  7. B

I want to make me two independent computer from my 32 core cpu computer. However one must have IOMMU enable to be able to pass the pci express devices, the gpu, to each instance. After managing to boot Unraid, i can see IOMMU is diabled. I have seen no setting in bios, according to other...
  8. B

Ok, so the plan is to install Unraid, and use to create two PC from my single server tower. I got a 32 core cpu, 2 video cards, two monitors, 64 gb ram, 2 mouses 2 keyboard. I am using a pci express 4 port usb 3.0 card, to which i have connected 3 usb 3.0 hub, and the problem is i need to take 2...
  9. B

I have updated to the latest BIOS a couple of months ago, and the Problem got fixed. I am not getting any BSOD Errors at all. Everything works perfectly. You can get this Motherboard without Problems. Everything works fine. The next step im planning is getting more pieces to make 2 PC out of a...
  10. B

FS 24x HGST SSD400S.B (400G SSD)

PM if you still have then on sale, we might work a deal out. i might just buy 12 pieces. PM.
  11. B

FS: Dual Xeon 2690v3 with motherboards and accesories

I am selling my 1)Two Intel Xeon E5 2690 v3 Cpus, 12 core each, 2.6ghz Base 3+ ghz boost. 2)Together with them i am also selling an Asus Z10pe-D8 Ws, and an Asrock Ep2C612 WS Motherboard. 3)I am also offering two normal Standard LGA 2011-3 air coolers, and 2 Aquacomputer Waterblock for CPUs, the...
  12. B

I am contacting a Gigabyte representative and pointing out to this Forum here, perhaps we can get some answers. For now i updated to the latest bios, and i never get to test the updates. Is there a way to see if the said update is allready installed ?
  13. B

Dual SFP+ ports on Ga-MZ31-AR0

Because i got two network slots. Thats why 2 Im running 2 VEGA Frontier edition watercooled, with 1 monitor attached to each card, and 2 keyboards and 2 mouse, split computer through aster. And i want to assign one network connection to each station, my hopes is to be able to play destiny 2...
  14. B

I think i wil buy a switch with sfp+ connector. but i need two spf+ ccables. I noticed these are "pasive" and "active", copper and fiberglass. Will either variety work ? I need to connect over a distance of 1 meter max.
  15. B

10Gigabit ? Are you kidding me, my Internet is Maximum 10 Mbit per second i got Maximum 5 Megabyte Downloads. I just want to connect the Motherboard through ist own ports to the home Network. I Need to Change my Internet Provider as well, since the one im currently having offers hit and miss...
  16. B

This is my first Encounter with SFP+, because until now i only had Motherboards that had a normal RJ45 Network Connection (Asus z9ped8 ws, Asus z10ped8 ws, Asrock ep2c612ws). Since this Gigabyte Motherboard was the only Motherboard available right now for single socket AMD Epyc CPUs, i am...
  17. B

Why are those damn trasnceivers so expensive, i cannot imagine ! I Need to use the built in Network Cards, because right now i am using wifi, and i am iradiating myself, i want to minimze wifi Radiation. Thats why i connected everything with cables. I allready have a dlink Switch, but i doesnt...
  18. B

Or could i do it with this Switch ? D-Link DGS-1510-20 16x 10/100/1000 Mbit Desktop Switch and These cables: 2m Extreme Networks 10GB-F02-SFPP 10G SFP+ Aktive Optische Kabel | FS.COM It would still be cheapr than buying two 163 euro Transceivers, which is by the way incredible.
  19. B

So i got me the Gigabyte MZ31-AR0 Motherboard and 32 core Epyc CPU. Connecting it to home router seems to be problematic, for now, im running wifi Cards, since i cannot connect per cable, because the Motherboard has 2 what are called "SFP+ ports", and RJ45 Network cable doesnt fit, as you would...
  20. B

What i could easily do is install the update package from the link provided when i get home. However, i do not know what you mean at Point A): Adding the cumulative update to my install media with DISM (both install.wim and boot.wim). Can you please explain what does this really mean ?