Search results

1. K

Monitor CPU temp in napp-it?

Is there any way to determine the current CPU temperature in napp-it (running on Solaris 11.1)?
  2. K

Should SMB service be running at startup?

I recently reinstalled Solaris+nappit on my machine, and found that I have to log into the web interface and manually start the SMB server service after every boot - is this normal? Because I'm sure that with the previous installation (before I reinstalled everything), the SMB server was already...
  3. K

Can't mirror boot (USB) disk

I'm running Solaris 11.1 with napp-it from an ultrafast USB flash drive (Sandisk Extreme 32GB), and I'm trying to use napp-it's 'mirror bootdisk' menu feature to create a mirror of my boot disk onto another identical flash drive, but it says that there are no mirror disks available: This...
  4. K

Internal ZFS pool backup onto external HDD

I now have my HP Microserver running Solaris 11.1+napp-it, with a 4 x 2TB RAIDZ2 zpool (~3.6TB usable space). I also have an external eSATA 4TB HDD, which I want to 'mirror'/'replicate' (I'm not sure if these are the right terms) the data from the internal zpool onto. Am I able to do this from...
  5. K

Setting up/configuring SMB/SIFS shares in napp-it

I have recently installed napp-it onto a Solaris 11 system running on a HP N40L Microserver. It all works great, but I am having a little trouble setting up SMB shares. I have migrated from FreeNAS, which is similar to napp-it, but the menus and terminology are a bit different. I have two...
  6. K

How to create a bootable Solaris 11 USB?

Because I need the ZFS encryption feature of ZFS v31, I need to use Solaris 11 (+ napp-it) as the OS on my HP N40L Microserver. Because all of the hard drive slots are populated by disks, I need to run Solaris from a fast bootable USB flash drive. What is the best way to do this? Do I just make...
  7. K

New to napp-itSolaris; somewhat confused

I have been looking for a ZFS-based NAS solution with encryption support. FreeNAS is a good solution, and it seems to work well, but it is based on FreeBSD which currently only offers support for ZFS v28. I was curious about using the latest ZFS version which has native encryption as one of its...